[OnlineSession] Detect session to join does not exist anymore

Hello,

In my application users can host sessions (listen server) and then I’m using the Blueprint “Find Session” node to look for LAN sessions which I then display in a server browser. Users can then select an entry from the server browser and join a session (this works well so far).

I’m trying to do some error handling now and I’m stuck on the following case:

(1) User-1 hosts a session

(2) User-2 opens the server browser and finds the sessions of User-1 (the session is now displayed in User-2’s server browser)

(3) User-1 closes his session (Blueprint → DestroySession → Quit)

(4) User-2 then selects the session of User-1 to join (the session shouldn’t exist anymore in my understanding)

(5) Using the “Join Session” Blueprint node, I attempt to connect to the session

Surprisingly, the JoinSession node returns with “On Success” but obviously no level travel happens.

I would like to know if there is a way to detect this case “A session that has previously been created is now closed”.

Bump, same exact issue.
Did you ever find a workaround or solution?

If a player enters an IP to direct connect to for example and makes a typo or the server isn’t up, they sit on connection screen until my timeout activates. Then if they try to join a valid server or single player they are stuck infinitely in a void until the game is restarted.