OnComponentBeginOverlap for Child Components

Hello,

I have a massive set of coding that was built around what I have now seen is being treated as a “bug” and was ixed in version 4.24.

I created a Blueprint with Sphere Collision and Spheres. When a sphere overlaps the collision it reports back and I take that data and implement it.

Problem: OnComponentBeginOverlap is no longer called on Child components at Begin play.

I have tried building a function to do it with no success.

Question : It there a way to cause the OnComponentBeginOverlap at BeginPlay when the currently overlapping object is already spawned.

E.G. Sphere 1 is inside the Collision 1 at BeginPlay, and I used to run OnComponentBeginOverlap in previous version without issue but in 4.24 and 4.25 it doesnt run and detect Sphere 1 at BeginPlay.

You can’t trigger OnComponentBeginOverlap event OnBeginPlay even if the Object spawns inside Collision.

The solution (a workaround) to this is to trigger desired behaviour from OnComponentBeginOverlap event inside OnBeginPlay. You basically need to call your nodes from OnComponentBeginOverlap event inside OnBeginPlay event to create desired behaviour. Since you have full control over initial setup of all your objects (OnBeginPlay) you can just use it to your advantage and directly call nodes you need.