OnClick event is not working with the latest 4.7 Update

Using just the onClick event with a static mesh placed in the static mesh component works. However, when I use the construction script to change the static mesh in the component the onClick event no longer works. I have a much more complicated blueprint I was using when the problem started which was after the last 4.7 update. I had to work backwards to find that it is this step, changing the mesh in the construction script. My blueprint functioned before the update, but will not work now. Any fix or is there something new that needs to be done?

Hi James,

I duplicated your setup and the OnClicked events are working for me. Can you create a small test project with the issue and upload it here?

TJ,
Thanks for the response. I just recreated the level and a new issue has come up as well. When I first place a mesh in the variable it will update. However, when I try to change it again the mesh will not update. The exact same blueprints work in 4.6. I think the install of the 4.7 update on my machine is the problem. I’ll probably remove it and reinstall. I’ll upload the level as soon as I have a real internet connection. Thanks

Hi James,

Editor version 4.7.1 has now been released. Once you have time, please try downloading and test the issue again. If it’s still happened for you, post back here and let us know.

Thanks,

TJ

TJ,

4.7.1 works great. No issues so far. The click events work like they should. The videos finally work right as well. I packaged my game, loaded it on another and everything ran great.

is it broken in 4.81 again?
not working for me on a new project

also not working for me on 4.9.

Hey guys,

Could you post this as a new report in the Bug section.

Thanks,

TJ

I think the issue may be, that whenever a Widget is visible in the HUD, cursor and click events get messed up.