On the FAB platform you can buy ready-made maps. Does anyone know what license is necessary to allow me to publish the map on Fortnite?

Which of them do I need?

• First licence: “For an individual creator or small team. Includes the referenced pack for use in UEFN”

• Second licence: “For an individual creator or small team. Includes the referenced pack for use in UEFN and a modifiable pack available in your Unreal Engine Vault”

• Third licence: “For studios, businesses or professionals with >$100k USD in revenue or funding in the past 12 months. Includes the referenced pack for use in UEFN and a modifiable pack available in your Unreal Engine Vault”

Hi @summervibe_lion ,
I have already purchased from FAB using s personal license and an individual Developer.
The price was considerable smaller than on Epic Marketplace (£27 FAB Marketplace £180)

The only payment being accepted (May 2024) is PayPal, for International users Microsoft Store only accepts PayPal due to high amount of fraud with international Credit and Debit cards .

This means it make sense for Epic stores to do the same

If you work with a group of people 1-10 the you need the group licence

If you work for a company with over, currently $100,000, then you need Professional licence

These are different to the newly announced licences for UE 5.4 Engine.

UEFN is free for everyone no matter how big, as you pay 5% royalty on sales of you game items of the Fortnite store

Here is the official terms of the licence (yep its Legal Stuff)
Fab Content License Agreement

There is a great document explaining the technical import of items
Import from the Fab Marketplace | Unreal Editor for Fortnite Documentation

1 Like