On Target Perception Updated event doesn't fire after seamless travel

I start my game and the AI-controlled enemies properly receive On Target Perception Updated events, and are able to choose other pawns to chase and shoot at based on that.

However, after seamless travel to the next level, the same AI Controllers (which persisted into the next level) no longer fire the On Target Perception Updated event or the On Perception Updated event either. On the next seamless travel, it may or may not start working again.

Do I need to do something special to get that event running an my AIControllers again once they start failing, or is this a bug?

I thought that since it never seems to have this problem on non-seamless open of a level, maybe it was because the AI are created fresh. So before seamless travel, I destroy all the AI controllers. Then when the next level begins, new AI controllers are created. Somehow they have the same PlayerStates though, so that’s weird. And the problem still happens. So that doesn’t fix it.
Someone please tell me why seamless travel sometimes makes AI go blind, and how to fix it.

I had to work around it by implementing my own sight logic and abandoning Perception components. Once it did that, it works consistently on both Android and PC, even after seamless travel to other levels.