Omega Synth

Omega Synth - this is a very interesting device as it is controlling an underlying metasound. The frustrating thing for a Sound Designer is that we are just guessing at how the settings of the various knobs are actually being implemented in the metasound … so there is a lot of guess work and if you do have a lot of knowledge of underlying sound design it is a little frustrating. So, it would be nice to maybe see the underlying metasound. That leads to the thing that I would really like to see exposed in UEFN so that I could use my sound design and synth knowledge. It would be Super Fantastic if the Epic team would allow creators to load their own metasounds. It is obviously in the underlying framework as that is what is being used by the Harmonix Team in the Omega and Instrument Devices. If we could do that then there could be a lot more sound palette choices for game players. Maybe I could even build something like the Analog Synth I built in UE 5.4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKPxpqdr__U) inside of Fortnite.

I saw this article describing a talk about UE Audio / MetaSounds / Patchworks and how it all fits together in the bigger plan. I’m sure much of it you already know about the theme but the parts about the future of MetaSounds in UEFN might be interesting to you.