Old Thirteenth Street 2048 | BetterLightThanNever

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag BetterLightThanNever

Old Thirteenth Street circa 2048

Student Submission: No (pick one)

Credits to sourced content:

• Megascans
  • City Sample Vehicles
  • City Sample Buildings
  • Soul City
  • Twinmotion Posed People
  • Victorian Train Station

My name is Shane. I’ve been learning the Cinematic side of Unreal since the beginning of 2022 and had great fun conceptualizing and creating this scene.

I thought of the “Better Light Than Never” theme and decided to play with the negative spaces created by light as well.

(This piece dedicated to my excellent 73 year old mom who helped pay for an upgrade to my 10 year old GPU in order to enter this. Thanks ma.)

*UE5

18 Likes

This would fit well in Cyberpunk game, the mood is so cool! I love the colour palette and aerial perspective here a lot:)

2 Likes

Thank you for taking a look and commenting. Have a brilliant and creative week.

2 Likes

Hey there @mindseed,

Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!

There’s so much going on in such a short clip but it’s all done so incredibly well. Truly wonderful work!

The sign is especially eyecatching. Could even call it Epic. Hope to see more of your work around the forums and more of your amazing flying cars. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey! Thank you very much for popping in and for your kind words.
I’m a little sorry I didn’t make it longer, but was taking on a dare from a lady friend to keep it at thirteen seconds along with the name :slight_smile:
Should’ve called it Thirteen, Second St.
Thank you again and have a brilliant day and week ahead.

2 Likes

Very cool. Every time I rewatch I notice new details that I had missed before.

1 Like

Hello Impavid.
I hope you are having an excellent Saturday.
Thank you very much for visiting and commenting.
You rock!

Greetings @mindseed

I loved this! Very reminiscent of the cab(s) from the movie “The Fifth Element”! I love the thick atmosphere! It looks really ethereal, yet gritty and grimy in that Cyberpunk kind of way.

Kudos to your mom, whom without her investment, this great piece would not have been possible! :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Hey @Get_DOVAH_it thank you very much for taking the time to have a look and even more so for your very kind and generous words.
I had the 5th Element very much in mind when creating it. Fantastic movie!
… and yes my awesome mom played an integral part in allowing me to complete it, even though she had no idea what i was even talking about :slight_smile:
She also gave me a lot of feedback - particularly that it was too dark and she couldn’t see anything. I had to explain that was the “mood” I was going for, even though it was lighting competition. I still don’t think she understands that part.
Have a brilliant weekend and thank you very much again for taking the time to have a look and comment.
Much appreciated.
kind regards,
Shane.

1 Like