offset for z coordinate in maps

How can I add an offset to the z coordinate on a map to correct the ellipsoidal height captured by a drone? Without GCP’s. I use an RTK module.

Hello @Rico195786
You can create your own GCPs on the created mesh and rewrite the actual Z values to a wanted ones.

Thanks for responding, I’m new to RealityCapture, is there a tutorial video on how to do that?

I don’t think there is an exact tutorial to do so.
You can take some ideas from:

But basically:

• import images (check if you have set Project and Output coordinate settings properly in the application settings)
  • align
  • place control points (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S00_mLfbx6o)
  • change the control point’s type to Ground control (you need to use at least three GCPs)
  • copy actual X and Y values to the selected GCP
  • set the wanted Z value for GCP
  • align again

Thanks for your help.

I think I’m missing a step. I’m using a job that I shot check points for, so I’m using the markers to set the GCP’s. After I import the photos, align, set the GCP’s and realign the project the Actual Altitude changes, but not to what I set it to. See image 1. Image 2 is the tiff opened in Virtual Surveyor showing the altitude at the Actual Altitude instead of the 407 meters I set it at. Thanks for your help.

alt change in actual

Hi, try to turn off the camera prior poses and then align again. Or try to set the higher weight for the GCPs.