Odd behaviour after packaging

It might be a bug, it might be my lack of knowledge, somebody might tell me, but the following scenario just happened:
I have an actor, who “throws” a rock toward a target. With a little bit of trial and error, I was able to get the correct rotation. As at can be seen on the screenshot, this value was +70 on the Z axis.It was working fine, I was happy.

After I packaged the project for windows 64bit, the rock was flying in an entirely wrong direction. I had to adjust,(again trial and error, and this involved a lot of repackaging the project) to find out, the new value needed is +25 on the Z axis.

Is this a bug, a feature, or my incompatibility?

Hello GyulaSoos,

Without more information on how your blueprint is setup exactly I cannot provide information on what issue it is that you are experiencing. However, I would suggest using the “Find Look at Rotation” node. This take in two vectors and provides the rotation needed to look at the target. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

The find look at rotation did help… however, I still don’t understand, how something can work just fine in the editor, and after exporting, suddenly it needs another value for an axis.

This is the relevant part of the blueprint, where I spawn the rock at the location of the hand of the mesh, and the rotation adjusted.

As I said, the look at rotation did help, it’s just I don’t understand how something can work in editor, but after it has been exported, it’s not.

I am happy to hear that the suggestion worked for you. However, in reference to your question on why your current setup would work differently in a packaged game, I would suggest trying to reproduce the issue in a clean project. If you are able to do so, you could provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end and I will take a closer look.