Oculus Terms of service (devilish?)

Have you guys read that?

“By submitting User Content through the Services, you grant Oculus a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free and fully sublicensable (i.e. we can grant this right to others) right to use, copy, display, store, adapt, publicly perform and distribute such User Content in connection with the Services. You irrevocably consent to any and all acts or omissions by us or persons authorized by us that may infringe any moral right (or analogous right) in your User Content.”

“Oculus can collect data from you while you’re using the device”

What do you think about it?
:slight_smile:

That just helped me to make decision. I am buying VIVE.
Face-rift ships without motion controllers, VIVE has all, allows walking around (which will be gimmick due to fat cables).
Buying those motion controllers puts both prices at same range.
Face-rift instead ships with we own all and can spy on you eula.

Anyway still waiting for user reviews of VIVE and rift in few months before i order my unit. One never know what bs will VIVE have in eula.

I think they’re more talking about things you do with their content/software, not something like giving them rights to a game you make for the Rift. It’s still kind of odd, other companies don’t do that type of thing, like Sony still asks permission to use user videos related to their stuff.

Yep me too , I cancelled my pre-order. In a moment of madness I guess I forgot that oculus are owned by the data collecting robot that is facebook

“irrevocable, perpetual”, I think not!

No matter what they intend for us to think they are talking about, the wording clearly sets a dangerous tone for user generated content.

Facebook standard.
They changed their TOS in germany 1/2015 , then i deleted my account.
TOS said the same, every content you upload on FB is their content…

I watched more reviews of occulus and vive. I think i like vive more, that walking in room looks cool, i know its gimmick gets old after month or so, but its there.
Also for development it is better to have that so i can test (or make) game with that feature.
And development is about 50% of why i want VR, if not that i would wait a year or two for next generation of devices.

Pretty standard to be honest - I think you’ll find most online services have similar terms and conditions (yes including these forums).