oculus rift touch controller: captouch floating point or integer?

hi, I was reading the oculus documentation and noticed this about a capacitive sensor for the thumb:

“Oculus Touch (L) Thumb Up CapTouch - The left controller thumbstick capacitive touch event. The Axis Value returns a floating point value, from 0.0 to 1.0, that expresses how far the user’s thumb is from the thumbstick, where 0.0 is as close as possible, and 1.0 is as far away as can be measured by the thumbstick. This event fires once per frame, when input is enabled for the containing actor. Note: There is also a corresponding gamepad value blueprint (with the same name) that can be explicitly retrieved at any time.”

it specifically states a floating point from 0.0 to 1.0, meaning it can be a decimal value such as 0.1, 0.5, etc. and not a value of 1 or 0 like it states for other capacitive sensors, such as the X button for example, that states “The Axis Value returns 1 if the user is touching the X button, and 0 otherwise

however while testing my rift controllers, all captouch events, even the firs mentioned here, return a value of 1 or 0, none of them ever returned a decimal value, and I’m debugging in real time via a simple print string node

so my question is, is that floating point value specific for the new rift S controllers? as those are the ones depicted in the documentation, and not the old rift controllers.

or am I doing something wrong and even the old rift should return decimals?

anybody knows?

ok let me ask it differently. anyone with oculus rift and it’s touch controllers gets the same result for thumb up captouch? documentation clearly states it should return decimals, and I’m getting 1 or 0.

so nobody has ever used this? I’d guess so since nobody ever noticed it