Oculus Rift plugin problem

I can’t launch unreal engine. It gives me and error message telling me the oculus rift plugin and module couldn’t be loaded. I don’t even have an oculus rift. I don’t need a plugin to work because I wont be using it. How do I get this error to stop so I can load the launcher?

Hi Dalstrs7,

Just to clarify, you have installed the Launcher but are not able to open it? Also, please include a screenshot of the error.

Hi Dalstrs7,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with the additional information I requested above.

Cheers,

TJ

I have this error on windows 8.1 with the new release october 27 2015. Oculus rift module missing. Is it something I can remove from a ini file? I talk about the Unreal Tournament game of course not the editor or UE.

Hi Muscat,

The AnswerHub is specifically for the UE4 editor. To find the best solution, could you post this on the UT Forums?

Thanks,

TJ

I had this same issue. I was able to disable the Oculus plugin outside of the editor by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OculusRift
  2. Open OculusRift.uplugin in Notepad
  3. Set “EnabledByDefault” to false

Hi i have the same problem too i compiled the engine sources and when i want to run UE4editor.exe for first time i face this problem that i should disable the plugin this is the screen shot

200935-screenshot+(2).png

Hi merdasss,

Are you still having this issue? If so, what engine version are you compiling?