Oculus Rift DK2 and the SDK

Hi Nick,

I was wondering if you could confirm if re-projection (AKA timewarp) will also be supported for Project Morpheus. I believe on PS4 it would need to be handled on the UE4 rendering side.

Fantastic to see you guys implementing the DK2 functionality! Is there anywhere specific we should be looking at to see progress? For example, the Unreal engine’s wiki page for the Rift, this section of the forum, blog posts on the unreal engine website, github, etc.

I assume the developer will have to set up things like neck modeling, or is that no longer needed due to positional tracking?

Still on track to release the couchknights demo with the launch of DK2?

Project Morpheus approaches things a bit differently right now from what I can tell from interviews (timewarp is a John Carmack deved feature that’s part of the Oculus SDK). Developers make sure their games run at 1080p @60h and an external box with dedicated chipset (part of Morpheus devkit) re-projects every rendered image exactly once based on motion data (creating 120hz movement). Motionflow if you want. Sony have talked about moving this process to the GPU (for cost’s sake).

Yea I can’t wait for the DK2 coming in, going to be working on project with friend over the summer with it,

Any update? It’s been almost 8 months and there is still no support.

Epic advertises Oculus Rift support.
Epic advertises Linux support.
Oculus advertises Linux support.

You’re not alone, by the way: Oculus’ support for Unity on linux exists, but is too buggy and performs too badly to use.

Please, bother Oculus about this, if necessary. There’s no reason for such a long hold up.