Oculus Quest - Can't launch on Quest

Hi,

So I followed all instructions (carefully couple of times already) as in official documentation how to setup for Oculus Quest for UE4. However Im unable to launch on Quest:

323923-a.png

But when I go to devices I can clearly see the Quest is there:

323924-b.png

I’ve gone through the installation process couple of times and setting up everything, but every time I don’t have Quest available to Launch.

Ok, somehow I got it working. Here are some of the steps I performed:

1. Reinstalled again Oculus ADB Drivers, restart Windows (still couldn’t see Quest in Launch).

2. Launch > ProjectLauncher > Quest device and pressed Launch. The build started… and errored out on Android NDK (I had it setup earlier with SetupAndroid.bat, so I assumed it knows what it’s doing. I guess not).

3. Googled a bit and just changed the NDK path from:
    C:/Users/user_name/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/ndk
    to
    C:/Users/user_name/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.1.6352462

4. In ProjectLauncher I pressed Launch (for Quest). Then it errored out on JDK, that my JAVA_HOME path is not setup correctly.

5. I’ve looked what my JAVA_HOME path is, and it was C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre so I replaced it with JDK path (in UE4).

6. At this point I’ve closed ProjectLauncher and noticed that I can Launch on Quest (without going to ProjectLauncher). So I’m not sure which step actually helped. But it’s working now.

2 Likes

This finally solved my issue! Thank you so much!

+1 – ndk path proved to be key for getting unstuck on my side as well; thanks!

Thanks! This really helps!

Props for posting your problem solving experience OP - this has helped me, some two years on. Sending good vibes your way.