Oculus Hand Component crashes on play

I tried it with the Oculus Branch. Its no longer crashing but still I cant get hand tracking to work. The Node “Is Hand Tracking Enabled” always returns “false”, no matter whats selected in the Project settings. Is there anything else I could be missing here?

This fix does it for 5.0. Thanks

Just tried checking out the Oculus Hand component and hand tracking - still not working properly in 2023. Quite a big hiccup to go unresolved for so long! Is the legacy version still the best approach to this or has anyone heard of any update from Epic on this?

What’s weird is I just watched a tutorial, to make sure I’m doing absolutely everything I can correctly, and it works perfectly fine for the person in the video but when I go to preview, launch, or open the packaged file it crashes automatically.

If you want to solve the handtracking problem in the unreal 5 version, you need version 5.2 and the MetaXR plugin (free) and put the plugin in the plugin folder, activate it and put the controllers in the pawn, then make the hands son and everything would be done. solved and it should not crash the project, I hope this can solve the problems

1 Like

unfortunately it’s still crashing for me in 5.3.2 with the MetaXR plugin