Obstacle Prototyping Tool

Hi,

Recently I posted a video of an obstacle tool we made for rapid prototyping in our game (level design, mechanic testing, etc). A few people said it looked incredibly useful and suggested I put it onto the marketplace. I’ve never made a UE4 plugin or tool before and I don’t have a lot of time, but I thought I would post here to see what people think. It’s all done in blueprint.

I would post a gif of it, but for some reason I can’t seem to upload images here. :confused:

Instead here is a video of it in action. The video is at 2x speed (except for the gameplay part which is at normal speed).

Basically it’s an actor you can drag into the world, set the mesh/material on (not just cubes), then give it a series of transforms to lerp between. The obstacle actor has a flag in the editor for whether or not it autoplays on creation. If not, it can be triggered via an event (maybe an elevator that needs a key first). You can make as many transforms as you want and place them anywhere in the world. You can also provide an animation time on each transform to tell it how long the animation will be before it reaches that point. There’s also a delay time on the actor before starting. That way you can make a series of moving walls/doors that have different timing. You can see an example of this in the background of this video.

Thanks!