Nvidia WaveWorks into UE4. Any future plans?

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the post about

• Happy Holidays. :smiley:

Great thanks! And happy new year !

Wait are you serious right now? :smiley: I have been asking for since UE4 came out! best Christmas gift ever! :wink: thanks a ton for posting it Mike or I would have missed it :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m compiling as we speak… I know exactly what I will be doing weekend :o

It’s not only WaveWorks being implemented, it is the GameWorks library itself including VXGI, FLEX, Turf , HairWorks, and a few others! :smiley:

Check out the discussion going on in thread for more info: NVIDIA GameWorks Integration - Asset Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

Yes I was just reading thread :slight_smile: is some really awesome news indeed! I’m super excited about FLEX especially (soft body physics, interaction with cloth etc. is the future!)

would be most fun indeed. I hope its easy to get GameWorks into UE and that it has editors and not coding :stuck_out_tongue:

They will be adding ways to use the features through the editor. For example WaveWorks is just a node you add to your material graph along with the regular ocean material setup. To adjust the settings there is a slate based panel that is used to modify the wave/wind intensity, etc.

So don’t worry, you don’t need to do any coding to use the system, although you can if you want to. :slight_smile:

Great. Always wanted to check out the GameWorks technology.

Am i to late to the party https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine seems to not be available. ?

It is available. You have to login to GitHub.

Sweet was so excited did not notice i was logged in with a difrent account.
Cheers!

I am not sure that we will be getting official waveworks support, Check out github pull request

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/879#issuecomment-85022307

If you read above, you will see that in fact we are getting official support of WaveWorks, and even a repo from NVidia with it already implemented, still needs some work, but its compilable and usable.

That hasn’t happened yet and it is questionable if it will and if when.