NVIDIA GameWorks Merged Branch by

Here is something people have wanted in FLEX for quite a while. I take no credit for the actual coding (All work by NVIDIA). I just implemented a test demo of it. FLEX Trigger Volumes, allows you to count particles that enter the volume (and optionally kill them) therefore allowing you to implement gameplay events based on FLEX particles.

Hey ! This is really awesome. My team and I are currently working on a VR project that would benefit greatly from the VRWorks implementation. As said above, it’s a shame that it’s not released in full yet, but if you could integrate Multi-Res, that would be exaclty what we need. We tried it ourselves and kept tripping up on some weird errors that we were unable to resolve. The fact that your branch has not just some of, but all of, what we need, it would be hugely beneficial if you could implement Multi-Res.

Once more of VRWorks comes out, do you plan on implementing that as well?

I would love to see the MultiRes branch integrated.

Also would be great to see a higher quality AA solution that can worked with deferred rendering.

MultiRes 4K Rendering

Hi, First a very big thank you to @ for this awesome Merged Branch and I am so happy to finally upgrade my UE4.9 to 4.12. I saw you said you where seeing if there is enough interest in MultiRes. Well I don’t do any VR (yet?) so I for one don’t really need it as it is but I read a article about how the UE4 game Obduction used it to achieve pseudo-4k here http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-1070-features-detailed/ and here http://wccftech.com/heres-how-nvidias-simultaneous-multi-projection-can-benefit-4k-gaming/

Running game in UE4 in 4K is just impossible since it doesn’t support SLi but if it is possible for you to modify MultiRes to work like this I would be very interested and super thankful.

Thank you very much
David

I would like to merge MultiRes at some point, my only concern is it has a large integration footprint and based on the issues listed on github, it has the potential to break a lot of UE4 features - I don’t know what its current state is, but Ive seen reports that Dynamic Shadows and Bloom don’t work with MultiRes currently. So this goes out to the people who are currently using the MultiRes branch, what issues are you facing, if any? Is it worth the risk?

Thanks so much for merging the branches. However whenever I open the editor I get the “D3DCompiler_47.dll” is missing from your computer" but the editor opens and all seems fine. I tried putting the .dll file that I had from last release in “System32” and “Engine/Binaries/Win64, etc” but still the error message. Is it working ok or is it using an old compiler ?

Where does the error appear? As I am not seeing this, I looked through the ouput log and don’t see any reports of missing D3DCompiler_47.dll. It should be in the Binaries\ThirdParty\HairWorks directory. I just checked my repo and its definately there

There is a “D3DCompiler_47.dll” in both Gameworks and Hairworks Directory but unless I put the .dll file in my System32 folder I get the error. I tried adding a cvar to consolevariables.ini to tell UE4 where the .dll file is but it didn’t work.

Yeah not sure then, I have a d3dcompiler_47.dll in my system32 aswell, but it was there prior to working with the merged branch, so obviously at some point I got it installed, maybe via the DirectX runtimes, or the DirectX SDK, or something. Not sure why its needed, but it was part of the NVIDIA branches so was included in my branch.

OK, thanks anyway for all your work. It seems to work fine :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the hard work to merge this “good stuff” :slight_smile:

Best Regards
MC

MultiRes: Only if there is enough interest
Yush theres interest!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Please see my previous post as to my main reservations for merging MultiRes. If someone, or a couple of ppl can answer the below questions, it would help to change my mind.

Just committed my latest changes that should allow a project to be packaged in Development and Shipping configurations. Have tested the Development configuration myself.

Thank you very much.

my project is very slow why ??? build every thing and in vs 2015 shader compiler and shder chache bhuild light build but slow any solution b coz my project work fine in only other vxgi 4.12.5 branch

I’m going to need a lot more info than that. Maybe u dont meet the minimum requirements? Maybe your trying to simulate too much stuff, maybe you have VXGI settings too high, etc. etc.

Tell me about your project, show some screenshots, are you using any of the GameWorks techs? If so which ones, and what are you doing with them?

Bare in mind, the GameWorks techs can be very heavy on the GPU. Especially for lower end GPU’s

evrerything , setting same 1 have vxgi 4.12.5 from git hub and 1 i have ur 4.12.5 branch my project work with my branch fine when i open in ur branch my system is very slow and presptive view not work fine in lit mode unlit work fine buit li mode very very slow

Everything is not an answer. So your complaint is VXGI is slow in my branch but not the main VXGI branch? Or something else? If it is just VXGI then that is not everything, you need to be very clear with what the issue is, as I cannot investigate everything.

i think something missing issue is very clear bro same system same project and same proceed build ue in vs 2015 if u have any heavy project high resolution plz check it