NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

@ - quick question - will these GameWorks features work in VR? VXGI and the fluid shaders in particular.

As far as I know, there are no issues with VXGI or fluid shaders in VR. However Iā€™m not familiar personally with how UE4 behaves under VR, and I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve tested any of these integrations that way.

ah Iā€™m getting a 404 from the hairworks ue4 link, anychance of a fix?
edit: nvm got it ^^

After reading ://www.geforce/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

I found out : "To achieve a realistic look for Geraltā€™s hair and beard, which grows as the game progresses, we developed new, more advanced stiffness and bending controls to allow for intricate styling. And for realistic shading in a world with dynamic weather and numerous locations, we introduced new diffuse, specular, and glint controls, enabling Geraltā€™s white hair to match surrounding conditions.

Another new addition is the ability for Geraltā€™s hair to get visibly wet, matching the shading properties applied to his wardrobe when taking a quick dip. Over time heā€™ll dry out, and the appearance of hair will return to its normal state."

So basically, there is growth for both beard and hair in real-time and HairWorks support that also a ā€œwetā€ shader is there to simulate wet appearance when getting wet and dry out in time. I know it is hard to make the hair system work and I really appreciate that but if you can do it one day for UE4, would very kind of you. :smiley:

Sure. Iā€™ll ask about it. We have a list of features to implement, and after that, weā€™ll find time for the wet-hair shaders.

Now is what I like to wake up to, thanks for HairWorks repo, I will get right on to having a play with it. See if theres any way I can help out with some of the rendering issues

alright. all i did was create a new camera and locked my editor on it. Then hairs flew away like . I didn;t touch anything except camera.

when i see way there is no roblem.

Really really liking hairworks so far. Very impressed especially considering its still in its early stage of development.

was my most anticipated :cool:

Is there some way I can get an email or notification when HairWorks is in the public (non-github) UE4?
My project is on hold until I can give my humans hair

Epic tells me that wonā€™t become mainstream for UE4 anytime soon.

Weird. Iā€™ll pass that along.

Yeah I get same camera weirdness. It has some connection to the ā€˜aspect ratioā€™ of the camera. If thereā€™s letterboxing of any kind the hair is transposed in one direction or the other.

Good to know, weā€™ll look into it. Thanks!

https://trello/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap
Hair / fur shading in list Rendering
May - June- July(UE 4.9?)

By the way when i render out using matinee. It works just fine. No flyaways.

I guess they mean their own proprietory hair tech rather than HairWorks or TressFX. Iā€™m curious to see what Epic will come up with, both for rendering as well as simulation.

Hey !
I tried to create a new Engine with the VXGI but i have error

Thank you :slight_smile:

Err. I donā€™t know. Iā€™ll have to try it. Which order did you do the merge? HairWorks at the end?

Which GPU and which driver are you using? Sounds like maybe a driver update would fix it.