NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

hi there
guys plz don’t delete my post, and help me
i use the latest game work 4.21 from
im using vr for my work
every thing is fine and working, except for wave work
i don’t use wave work in my level but in GPU profile saying wave work using 1.7 ms
i really dont know how can i disable it
plz help me , wave work ruining my work
ty

@ (or anyone else), do you happen to know if the 4.20 FleX branch is capable of building installed (binary) builds?

I seem to get some issues related to linker errors and maybe, just trying a clean build from scratch again and I’ll post the automation tool log when it’s done (if it fails again, of course).

EDIT: So after testing it seems the DebugGame configuration on 's branch doesn’t seem to work properly not in terms of general functionality but just for making installed builds, enabling only Development and Shipping configurations seems to work fine, I did get some complaints about VS2015 compiled binaries but it all seems to work with the example flex project.

Are there any plans on adding support for diffuse particles to the Flex build? Or has anyone gotten to work and can give me some pointers on how to do it?

Hi everyone,
I cant get unreal 4.21 to accept a .apx from hairworks. I’m not a programmer as I’m the modeler/animator so can anyone break it down for me how to force feed my hair file to unreal? Currently when I try to import it, it says .apx file types not recognized.
Thanks in advance

Hi ,
I started digging through hoping to see exactly . You are , but the link is down. Can you re upload ? And maybe also give me a link to instructions of how to install a patch like ?

Thanks!

You need your Epic account linked to your github account to be able to access any UE4 fork: https://www.unrealengine/en-US/ue4-on-github
It’s also not a patch, it’s modified engine version. Meaning you have to build the engine from the forks source code and use that custom build to use these techs.

frankly doesn’t surprise me, I haven’t test compiled debug build for the engine itself for ages so these things may slip through :slight_smile:

I don’t know much about HairWorks authoring but I think you still need to use matching HairWorks plugin on your modeling tool to export HairWorks assets. My 4.21 fork uses HairWorks 1.4. I’d start by looking how the HairWorks sample scene is setup and what kind of assets it uses.

Is still an? I don’t remember if you can disable WaveWorks with some console parameter. I wasn’t aware of WaveWorks adding a cost unused though and I don’t really have time to investigate it myself now so I put out different branches with and without WaveWorks merge:

(Blast, Flow, HairWorks, HBAO+, TXAA ad VXGI2)
(same as above but with WaveWorks)

Hello again, sorry if I’m missing something, but I’ve now linked my epic account to my github account like in the link you posted, but both of those github links in your last post still 404 for me. Any other reason that would happen?

Thanks again!

It may take some time to activate, I think you should get email when they are linked. If link is fine, make sure you are logged in to that account when trying to access the ue4 fork.

I got it! Thanks so much! It sent the invite link to my other email which I used for github, not that I used for Epic… Man I’m dumb

I now realized that I’m using hairworks 1.2. It is still the active link at page:

https://developer.nvidia/hairworks

How do I download 1.4?

It seems like 1.2 isnt saving out usable files for me.

https://github/NVIDIAGameWorks/HairWorks
NVIDIA HairWorks 1.4 beta

https://developer.nvidia/gameworksdownload#?search=HairWorks
HairWorks plug-in for Maya and 3ds

https://github/niexuchina/UnrealEngineHairWorks/tree/4.19-HairWorks1.4
Unreal Engine 4.19.2 for HairWorks 1.4 beta

Unreal Engine 4.16.3 for HairWorks 1.3

HairWorks 1.4 = watch?v=uukXXpRQpNA ?

branch is 25 commits ahead, 185 commits behind EpicGames:release.
Hmm Im not very good at stuff :confused: How stable is build “as is” ?? Would love to try it.

It’s actually not behind at all, it’s just that github doesn’t count squashed commits in case. Basically the commit ( merges the latest engine changes for 4.21 so you should be good to go. The reason I squash commits like is because if I just did a regular merges without squashing, it would spam the commit list with those changes instead so people wouldn’t know what actual changes the repo does (as the relevant commits would be mixed with the stream of other random commits).

I recently redid all my physics branches so that I used only latest versions as base directly, for example and the mentioned are both in sync with 4.21.2 but github only reports the latter to be behind :slight_smile:

There can be side- from running custom repos like these, like mentioned in few previous posts the testing is limited. I mainly test that the repo builds on development conf and see that at least one sample project that uses each merged tech runs and builds fine on Windows shipping conf. If you look back of the comments of thread lately, few users have had different issues, one noticed that 4.20 repo doesn’t build on Debug conf, which I never tested myself so that slipped through. One user noticed WaveWorks giving a cost even unused on 4.21 so I just separated it into different branch now but I don’t have time to systematically analyze the these techs have for the stock ue4.

In general the negatives should be minimal but things like mentioned can slip through and I give no guarantees these things work. I do try to fix all known build issues if I can but that’s also limited by my time to put into (I haven’t had time to check the 4.20 FleX on debug conf for example. It must be a trivial thing to solve unless it’s something Nvidia didn’t ship required binaries for from their side).

Thank You for the answer! i will give it a spin sunday :slight_smile:

Hey, I have the same problem, did you get solutions?