NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Looks for ‘#define NVFLOW_SMP 0’, set to 1, and see if it builds. Let me know if you hit any issues.

Thanks for the heads-up ! Can’t wait to see what’s planned moving forward, i’ll check translucency priority.

edit: was catching up and read…

is fantastic! can’t wait to try out !

@.Reidmeyer, how should I set-up my assets to be collided with Flow ? I tried setting the collision to “block” under Flow checkbox, making convex collision inside the SM editor and using Distance Fields but for some reason the Flow simulation was ignoring it and kept simulating through it. Only thing I could get it to collide with were the stock UE cubes and spheres.

Have you tried adding flow emitter on collider with similar settings as the Sphere in the flame collision demo scene?

The ‘block’ setting with the Flow collision channel is designed to provide a default collision configuration. Adding a Flow emitter component and using ‘overlap’ provides more tuning options.

I just tested the cone convex provided in the NvFlowPluginSamples with both block and overlap configurations and observed the simulation reacting to it.

The distance field part is orthogonal to basic collision. It is intended to supply low cost collision against static parts of the world, especially if GPU particles are already using it.

Hi ,

I made the “#define NVFLOW_SMP 1” edit to my build and everything is now working great!

Many thanks for your help,

BTW: If anyone is interested in a 4.15 Flow/VRWorks build please let me know and I’ll post my branch to Github.

Hi guys, thanks for the great work. :slight_smile:
I am creating a game using Flex and run into a problem. When using a flex softbody and an other object puts to much pressure on it the object clips inside the softbody. Is there any way to make the collision absolute so the other object just deforms the softbody more and more if the pressure gets more without ever clipping inside?

I’m playing around with Flow in a procedural generated level that is massive in size - one thing I’m quickly noticing is that flow requires the to take place inside of a grid asset.

I’m guessing for a large world, you would want to spawn a flow actor right before you use the effect? I’m not sure if that’s better than keeping one flow grid and moving it every few frames to center on the player as he moves about. When I move the grid actor in game, all of the restart - so that seems incorrect to me as well…

For non-static, or large levels, how is everyone handling ?

Moving grid support was only added to the version on github a few days ago - have you got that version? If so there is an example scene where the position of the grid is continually changing but the effect renders as normal. The emitter in the example doesnt move so unless you have the grid selected and can see its bounds moving/see position values changing in the details pane it’s not even obvious that its happening.

Hey guys, sorry is a bit unrelated to the main stream of topics — but does anyone know what’s causing error I’m getting? I’m using tessellation on a material in the official VXGI 4.15 Branch: /tree/VXGI-4.15

Error [SM5] MobileBasePassVertexShader.usf(39,3-43): error X3000: unrecognized identifier ‘FForwardShadingBasePassInterpolantsVSToPS’

mentioned that FForwardShadingBasePassInterpolantsVSToPS was renamed in 4.13 but I couldn’t find what it’s supposed to be now, can anyone help me please?

yes, i submitted a fix for on github. In merge to 4.13 he actually skipped ( is a hard thing to catch really, unless being extremely precise), i was looking to solve the particle emitter with VXGI on 4.15 and stepped onto while checking previous build update. If you go on the VXGI branch and check the pull request you should see a “Fix for VXGI 4.15” which should solve your.
But if you want a fully working VXGI build, i’ll suggest using the 4.14.3 version and apply same fix.

is the actual fix to bypass the Tesselation someone asked about a couple pages earlier.

and thank you! I didn’t expect such a simple answer. I downloaded the .zip from github like a week ago so I bet I’m missing it!

So when it comes to grids, are multiple grids bad? Meaning if I have two dragons walking around breathing fire, should each have a grid? Or should I make something that logically creates the grid between the two.

For my FPS character, I want his spells to be flow, so I know he’ll need a grid. Anyone that comes into range would automatically be in it, but what about multiple NPCs firing Flow at each other? Or two dragons that are far apart - each would need a grid, but as they came closer together, they would share one? I feel like I’m getting a grip on lol. Please let me know if I’m totally off .

EDIT: I got movable grids working after downloading the latest version! Thank you!!!

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone was able to make water using Flex looking amazing? it’s awsome: watch?v=pEX13W-IuLA But in demos in UE4 water looks strange: watch?v=5nsD88vqNbI
I tried change some properites, but it could’t get good effect. In my opinion all fluids looks very dense and like everthing else is hydrofobic.

After looking at your video, it looks like the velocity of the flex particles is way to high. “Behind the scenes” flex is just a bunch of little collision spheres and the water mesh is generated around them, meshing together if balls are close enough to each other. In your video, it looks like the balls are flying violently out of the sprout and agitating all of the other balls in the pool and also causing a lot of them to bounce high into the air.

If you turn down the ‘nozzle velocity’ does the water flow more elegantly into the room?

I’m looking at , and guy seems to have his pouring out far less violently, resulting in smoother water.

Also, if you turn of the flex emitter, does the water calm down or does it continue to act so wild?

Hi guys especially from Nvidia team.

Did anybody tried to enable grb in ue4? According to physxinfo, switching to grb should be relatively easy. In latest 4.16 preview is “Fixed! UE-44486 Enable libs GPU hooks”, so i asked "What does UE-44486 Enable libs GPU hooks mean? Can we enable GRB? " and answer was "No - just adds the relevant hooks in the UE4 version of , so it is more possible to get GPU libs from NVIDIA. You’d still need to talk to them though, GRB is not something that we support at the moment. ". So I am. Any comment from Nvidia team on GRB? Is it planned for ue4? Thanks in advance for reply.

What version of Visual Studio do I need to build Waveworks? All the steps are done correctly, but when I try to build the project I get a bunch of errors and the build fails. I’ve tried running everything as admin, I’ve tried using version 2017 instead of 2015, but I get the same result every time.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

At the moment, grids are fully independent, and sort the same way as other transparent objects in UE4. Support for either much larger grids or cross interaction between grids is a target for the future, but not ready today.

may be a stupid question, but I am trying to integrate mainly FleX into my UE4. I have gotten to the point where I build UE4 in VS (I am using 2017) but the build fails (3 successful, 1 failed) and it gives me a list of errors that all have something to do with HairWorks. There is also an error code MSB3703. It is a bit beyond me to figure out how to get around . I built the normal source code from UE4 with no issues and was able to start the editor, but when I build the FleX branch () it fails. A step by step solution would be very much appreciated.

VRWorks + Flow in action.

[video]Level Clear Celebration! - YouTube

's a short video of Flow + VRWorks in action.

is the “Level Clear” splash screen of a game that I’m working on, I still need to add in some fireworks, buildings in the background, and audio FX but so far everything is running great.

I’m getting a really solid 90 FPS in VR, running 10 flow emitters plus a few tricky materials.
I’m using the following console commands to get that frame rate on a Titan X Pascal (I haven’t finished optimizing level but my goal is to match frame rate on a 1070):
vr.LensMatchedShading = 3
r.ScreenPercentage = 120

After I’ve got splash screen out of the way, I’m going to take a run at converting our main gameplay levels to use VRWorks Audio and see how that goes.

Cheers,

What do you mean when you say independent? I’ve got a grid tied to my fps character that moves with him, and it works great for say a flaming weapon. I am noticing though that if two grids intersect, FPS drops in half. Definitely need to find a way to dynamically prevent grids from overlapping, which should be doable in blueprints.

://i.imgur/V6a7qZP.gifv

In image, I’ve got a grid on my dude to make his wand burn, and then another one on the sphere so that it doesn’t go out after I walk away from it. FPS are great when I stand far enough back to not intersect the grids, but when they intersect it really freaks out.

Generally, is looking . I can tell I’ve got some learning to do to make it work and perform well, but it should be doable!

Also, does work on AMD cards right? Nothing I’ve read really says anything about nvidia hardware dependence :smiley: