NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Putting my whining aside from the moment, I’m starting to wonder more about traditional baked lighting and re-read “It is theoretically possible to use VXGI cone tracing to bake light maps, but such is not implemented”. I know it’s said it would just decrease compile times, but I’m wondering if perhaps it would also bake some of that nice juicy GI into the level as well. Has anyone given it a try? If not I might.

Does anyone know WHAT IS ERROR??!?! pls!

If there any we will get HFTS integration ?

I would like to second , Shadowworks would be greatly appreciated as a whole. If possible, if someone integrates it, try to have as many of the settings selectable as possible, such as PCF and PCSS if someone wants a cheaper solution than HFTS.

@ help
VXGI version: vxgi-4.9 ~ vxgi-4.14
Client command line:HighResShot 2

Result: Video Memory / memory Always increase,【Texture memory 2D - STAT_TextureMemory2D】Type texture is not released

help help help help help help

Result: Video Memory / memory Always increase,【Texture memory 2D - STAT_TextureMemory2D】Type texture is not released

Hi, thanks for clarifying the instructions. But I’m still unsure about step 2: Do I have to be on branch release or when running setup.bat?

help help help help help help

Is it possible anyone can make a YouTube tutorial video about how to install Flex into Unreal 4?
is making my head hurt.
1.Download
2.Run Setup.bat
3. What’s next?

Because I keep getting .

That is the batch file that is called by the one you show
/blob/FleX/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/GenerateProjectFiles.bat

The error message is

do you have VS 2015 installed?

VXGI includes VXAO, enabling VXAO-only mode switches off VXGI specular.

Can someone with experience clarify if the new Flex 1.1.0 is cross-platform ? I’m not too familiar with it but after reading the release notes, it lead me to believe that Flex its no longer only for Nvidia based systems, meaning it allows you to use DirectCompute which in theory should be able to run on AMD video cards ? thanks

Gameworks for all devices

Well Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA president and CEO made a live conference today (://www.ustream.tv/channel/21695927) where he revealed that Gameworks will now run on all DirectX12 devices and looking at the official GameWorks Blog’s post about that reveal (https://developer.nvidia/gameworks–released-gdc), it names every Gameworks tech that will be ported to and for Flex it clearly mentions:

is pretty huge since Epic Games did not want to include any Gameworks tech in the main engine saying they want every to work on all platform now, they can integrate all these straight to the vanilla version. All we have to do is push Epic to do it after all, our push have already made them back out of that earlier statement in UE 4.15 by releasing a NVIDIA exclusive HDR display support and NVIDIA SLI AFR support though, the later is non functional until we convince NVIDIA to release a SLI profile for ue4editor.exe for development purposes and now that Gameworks is cross-platform, Epic is bound to integrate it too.

Yes, I can confirm that Flex 1.1.0 will run across all vendor’s Direct3D 11/12 capable graphics cards including AMD and Intel integrated chipsets. We’ve put significant effort into optimizing Flex for all vendor’s GPUs but if you find any issues please report them on Github (/issues), or to gameworks-issues@nvidia.

The Flex integration into UE4.14.3 is now available : /tree/FleX-4.14.3, we’ll be deprecating the old “FleX” branch and using branches named according to the UE4 version and tag in the future (e.g.: FleX-4.15 will come next).

: What’s the timeline for the other modules and will all of them get a UE4 integration down the road?

Thanks a lot for the confirmation.

That’s it boys, no reason not to use Gameworks now.

Alternate Frame Rendering Support for NVIDIA SLI

Hi , I have no idea if you guys, the Gameworks team, ever bump into the Drivers team but could you ask them if they can add a SLI Profile for ue4editor.exe and the other related executables so we can use the new UE 4.15 “Alternate Frame Rendering Support for NVIDIA SLI” during development and testing? And sorry for the off-topic post but I tried every possible SLI compatibility bits and I can’t get my two 980Ti to increase performance so I am getting desperate.
Link to the release note: https://www.unrealengine/blog/unreal-engine-4-15-released

Just thought I’d be the first to give everyone the good news, we have volumetric lighting! /tree/VolumetricLighting-4.15

@. cant believe its out, cant wait to try it out
what are the main differences between FLEX 1.0 and FLEX 1.1? Is it performance improvements or also new features? (like fluid foam, and smoke simulations like shown : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti LAUNCH EVENT - in 3.5 minutes - YouTube or is something thats going to be included in FLOW instead of FLEX?)