NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

What happened to the git links? They are 404ing :confused:

My UE4 account is linked with my GitHub.

Like - /

It works, you should log in first

*rom that you are getting only the default branch. Now you must do:

git branch VXGI origin/VXGI

also
git branch FLEX origin/FLEX

git branch WaveWorks origin/WaveWorks

Then you are ready to make a new branch from release and merge the others to it.*

How do we do it.

where do we find “git branch VXGI origin/VXGI” git branch FLEX origin/FLEX"etc.?

First of all Thanks to Galexyman2015 and other peoples from NVIDIA.
UE 4.12 is coming with preview 5 .well when the gamework integration for ue4.11 is over.Is project still ongoing.

I think they will continue updating along UE4 does. Because VR has a bright future and Epic Games has incorporated with Nvidia on VR SLI, they will make UE4 better and better.
I hope they could just skip 4.11 and jump to 4.12 since I have seen some important graphic features achieved in 4.12. It would be for new UE4 features work with newer version gameworks features.
I really can’t wait to see frustum traced shadow and volumetric lighting being integrated into UE4.

Would be nice if people started integrating VXGI to 4.12 before 4.13 comes out…

VXGI in UE 4.12:

/tree/VXGI-4.12

Based on 4.12-preview5. The integration is also kind of a preview, it hasn’t been tested enough to call it a release. Everything seems to be working, but there are lots of engine changes from 4.10, so porting it wasn’t straightforward.

No new features compared to the VXGI-4.10 branch, but expect significantly reduced shader compile times.

did we just skipped 4.11? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi ,
I have to say thank you and VXGI on UE 4.12 is great news for people who is working on exterior scene with water and glass materials involved.
Even if there is no improvement on XVGI itself, combining with UE 4.12 is a great improvement because some of important features have been achieved in 4.12 such as planar reflection and cubemap improvement.
Still, I have a question about VXGI. After days and days tweaking the options in VXGI, I finally get VXGI to work at the same cost of LPV GI in my scene. All VXGI features take 2.4ms to render. However, I noticed that VXGI opacity takes 0.81ms to render in GPU profiling. I wonder what VXGI opacity does, why it consumes so much power and how we can do to reduce the cost of it.

Yes. I didn’t have time to finish the 4.11 port because of other work related to VRWorks 2.0 which we just released, and then 4.12 became available.

VXGI opacity is the opacity voxelization pass. It renders all scene geometry into a voxel texture that represents approximate amount of geometry in each cube of space. There are different ways that may make it faster:

• Make some materials used for small and high-detail meshes non-voxelizable (set Used with VXGI voxelization = 0 in material or instance parameters)
  • Disable tessellation during voxelization (in case it’s enabled, also in material parameters)
  • Set r.VXGI.Opacity6D = 0
  • Reduce r.VXGI.MapSize
  • Make sure that r.VXGI.NvidiaExtensionsEnable = 1 and r.VXGI.GSPassthroughEnable = 1 (these are the defaults)

I downloaded and when I ran setup it didn’t ask to overwrite files or not. Anyway it seemed to compile ok, however when I then built shadercompileworker it said it was already up to date. Then when I ran the editor I kept getting loads of shader compile errors and materials wouldn’t compile. I tried Rebuilding shadercompileworker which seemed to rebuild but it didn’t make any difference. Any Ideas ?

The same for me

Same as Thnderstruck and Chaosrik, There happens to be over 20 errors after I build the solution. I tried to clear and rebuild, it doesn’t change. I tried re downloading the package and did everything from beginning again, but still no luck. Don’t have any clues…

And just to make things more confusing, it didn’t ask to overwrite any files or not for me, it compiled okay, shadercompiuleworker was already up to date, but then when I ran the editor it worked perfectly fine with no problems.

Setup doesn’t ask about overwriting nvapi now, apparently Epic changed something. And ShaderCompileWorker is now a dependency of UE4, so it’s compiled automatically. But the material compile errors are unexpected, I tested branch on a clean working copy and haven’t seen any.
Can you post the material compile error messages?

So the errors are during project build? Then it’s not the same. Please post the error messages (or PM them to me).

When launch only the editor:

https://www.dropbox/s/6ojyi1ey262smn9/2016-05-28_103629.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox/s/4v6p5l23hpsxlg4/2016-05-28_103702.jpg?dl=0

It sems that “ShaderCompileWorker” don’t works…

Hi ,
These are the screenshot of the errors in Visual Studio:

It doesn’t seem right so I will try one more time.

Edit:
I deleted all the files, and downloaded again. Then saved it to a new location with new folder name, compiled UE4 and shadercompileworker again. Now it totally works and I have switched my project from 4.10 to 4.12 without any problem, even with compiling and loading, it works fine now. It still confuses me a lot…

Thanks!
The problem is that the engine now uses a newer version of Microsoft HLSL compiler, D3Dcompiler_47.dll. version is shipped with Win8.1 and Win10, but not Win7. I added DLL next to VXGI DLLs and it is now loaded using a full path. Please update the engine.
There is one with approach however: somehow it fails to find the DLL when shaders are compiled through IncrediBuild on remote agents - but the VXGI DLL which is loaded in exactly the same way is found. A workaround it to set r.D3DCompilerPath cvar to just “d3dcompiler_47.dll” and then it will be found in remote agents’ system32 folder. You can also use older versions, like the default _43, but that works way slower for VXGI shaders.

Ok. It looks like your first attempt was based on a slightly older version of the integration, which contained some bugs that caused these errors in non-Editor build configurations. I fixed them yesterday.