NVIDIA Driver Warning

When launching UE4 v4.12.0 a warning appears twice. Once when the editor is initiated and another after a project is selected:

WARNING: Known issues with graphics …
Your NVIDIA graphics driver has known issues.
Please update to the latest driver version.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800
361.75 is recommended
341.95 is installed

I’ve tried updating through the Device Manager, through NVIDIA’s website and even locally with a downloaded copy of the driver. But all attempts to install the new driver have failed stating the current driver is the best one. If I can’t update the driver, is there a way to disable this warning?

Windows 7 (bootcamped on a 2009 MacPro Tower)

1 Like

I have the same problem on an older laptop that I use to simulate network play. Is there a way to disable this?

I also have the same issue and would like to disable the message, the drivers for my video card (the gts250) stopped at version 341.95 as far as I know.

Your GPU is not supported, even with current drivers.

Thanks for your reply, The card I have installed does work decently but without the gts250 the onboard Intel HD graphics can’t handle anything, I do appreciate the concern its just the gts250 is the only option I have right now to work with.

1 Like

I also have the same warning message each time I open UE or a project.

I cannot update my drivers anymore (already have the latest available). And I can’t change my graphics card for now.

Has anyone ever found a way to get rid of that warning?

I added r.WarnOfBadDrivers=0 to my ConsoleVariable.ini within Engine/Config to stop it happening every time I ran.

I think that message is a little misleading: it suggested to me that my graphics card doesn’t have the latest driver.
Infact I think it is saying I should get a graphics card that supports that driver in order to use all the graphics features available.

3 Likes

Thank you! That turned off the annoying message! I have a BETTER than stated version of the video driver installed.

1 Like

I have the same problem both when I launch the editor and when I launch the packaged project. I tried to add this line to the ConsoleVariables.ini in UE5.1\Engine\Config and in my project’s .\Engine\Config folder, but the warning is always there.

What am I missing?

1 Like

Same issue

And I have the same problem

What I was missing was me being stupid… I have both 5.0 and 5.1 installed… added the command to the wrong engine…

@richardheasman , it works!

:\