Nvidia dlss on ndisplay ?

Hi, I have very big problem with antyaliasing in my scenes, dlls is very good solution for me. Is any option to use dlss on ndisplay ? I tried a lot of things with turning on via blueprint - but still not work.

Any luck? been trying DLSS myself today and can’t even make it work on Play Mode. Do you know how to blueprint the level for it?

There is a quick start document in the folder that the plugins were in. It describes 3 methods for getting this to work. Basically there are 3 CVars needed to turn it on.

r.NGX.Enable 1
r.NGX.DLSS.Enable 1
r.ScreenPercentage 66.7

on Screen percentage if it is set to 100 then DLAA is turned on.

1 Like

On the NVIDIA website you can download the DLSS Unreal plugin and will get multiple documents on how to implement it with your project. The documentation is well written actually.

I think it’s not well written for unreal beginners. It mentions modifying code of nDisplay plugin but it do not work. Do I need to rebuild the plugin? And How do I do this? I try rebuild but showing error.

ERROR: Module ‘LiveLinkOverNDisplay’ (Engine Plugins) should not reference module ‘DisplayCluster’ (Plugin). Hierarchy is Plugin → Project → Marketplace → Engine Programs → Engine Plugins → Engine.
Took 2.6066924s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6

All you need is at this link. No recompile is needed.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I get the dlss plugin from the link. It works on editor and normal build but not for ndisplay. The document also mention that

DLSS nDisplay support (NVRTX only)
Unmodified engine distributions, such as those fromthe Epic Games Launcher do not support DLSS with the nDisplay plugin.
The NvRTXGitHub repository hostsa modified version ofthe nDisplay plugin that has thosechanges to the nDisplay plugin:
At thetop of \Engine\Plugins\Runtime\nDisplay\Source\DisplayCluster\Private\Game\EngineClasses\Basics\DisplayClusterViewportClient.cpp, rightafter theexisting header includesaround line 50,add
this block:
include “CustomStaticScreenPercentage.h”
static TAutoConsoleVariable CVarAllowTemporalUpsampling(
TEXT(“nDisplay.render.TemporalUpsampling”),
TEXT(“Allow custom upscaler plugins when rendering with nDisplay”),
ECVF_Default
);
And in UDisplayClusterViewportClient::Draw,around line 510,add this beforethe block thatchecks whether the viewfamily hasascreenpercentageinterfaceset or not:
if (CVarAllowTemporalUpsampling.GetValueOnGameThread() && GCustomStaticScreenPercentage && ViewFamily.ViewMode == EViewModeIndex::VMI_Lit)
{
GCustomStaticScreenPercentage->SetupMainGameViewFamily(ViewFamily);
// Regular GameViewport set the primary screenpercentage mode elsewhere
if (ViewFamily.GetTemporalUpscalerInterface())
{
for (FSceneView* View : Views)
{
View->PrimaryScreenPercentageMethod = EPrimaryScreenPercentageMethod::TemporalUpscale;
}
}
}
The nDisplay.render.TemporalUpsampling console variablethen can be used to enable/disablecalling into the DLSS plugin. The usualDLSS blueprint functionality can then be used to configure DLSS.

I change the code and not working. What should I do?

Hi !
Did you find a solution about that?

Thanks