NVIDIA Cataclysm Realtime Liquid Solver

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/191/thatsapenis.JPG

It’s me again, after fidelling around for some time, I gave up and did a downgrade… sorry I mean an upgrade to Windows 10
I have a GTX 970 with latest drivers and now Windows 10

Tho it’s not perfect xD

Some more pics:
2016-07-28 16_01_01-PissAway - Unreal Editor.png

Hopefully when the developer that mentioned is back from SIGGRAPH. He’ll be able to provide us with some decent settings to use to get closer to the youtube video look.

I have solved the issue as to why its working only in Windows 10, its due to the fact that the demo relies on D3D11.1 which according to the code is only activated when the operating system of the user matches Windows 10. Meaning users of Windows 8 and below won’t have the AllowedFeatureLevel set to 11.1 meaning the demo won’t work. If you want to change this, open WindowsD3D11Device.cpp and go to line 97 and change the windows version.

I dont know what’ll happen when running on Windows 8 or 7. So do this at your own risk.

Right, sorry, I said 11.3, but it’s 11.1. I believe we used 11.1 because it support tiled resrouces, but in the end we set the default configuration to not use tiled resources for other reasons. So if you stick with the non-VTR configuration, I think you should be able to run on Windows 8 or 7.

So set GRHISupportsVTR to false?

If that setting is particular to the Cataclsym demo, then yes, I think so, for non-Win10 and/or GPUs that don’t support VTR.

Well that will automatically get set to false, if the card doesn’t support D3D11_TILED_RESOURCES_TIER_3. Which is from D3D11_FEATURE_D3D11_OPTIONS2 which is only supported on Windows 10 according to Microsoft, so ppl using Win7/8 will automatically have GRHISupportsVTR set to false. However forcing it to false, results in no fluid rendering at all, which is what the Win7/8 users are reporting, so Im guessing that the non VTR path is not working. Or it could just be my branch.

Hmmm, OK. I’m just guessing here, it’s not my code. I know the non-VTR path should be working, and should be on by default too.

The FLIP Solver Domain is immediately returning if VTR isn’t supported in OnRegister and BeginPlay.

How do you install this?

Got it working here… 980m… don’t know if it is stable enough to be useful thou…

Jamie are you on win10 or a different OS? I’m win7 with Titan X and no fluid rendering.
In my many hours of questing today with gameworks integrations @ and his contributions keep popping up everywhere, thank you for everything man. I’m hoping to use these effects to record a title screen for my game, can try switching to flex but wanted to give this a try first

As mentioned by “The FLIP Solver Domain is immediately returning if VTR isn’t supported in OnRegister and BeginPlay.” so maybe take a look in those functions and remove the check, see if the Non VTR path is actually working. But bare in mind Cataclysm is work in progress, even getting it working, I dont know what the right settings are to get it looking like NVIDIAs demo, and am waiting on the developer to return from SIGGRAPH to provide the settings or a test map

I saw that the dev is away yeah. I did change that function in the windows cpp but to no avail.

Hey guys I got it working pretty quickly…my jaw dropped when i saw that wave come crashing out with some 2 million particles going in real time…but then this happened! 41ab2057f546e20f167c472b48d4dbd346b88b70.jpeg41ab2057f546e20f167c472b48d4dbd346b88b70.jpeg

I am downloading the latest updated version which looks like an hour old so maybe that will fix things?

If your talking about the latest update on my branch? Then thats for FLEX not Cataclysm (Since the main Cataclysm branch was updated 10 days ago). What your getting is about the best we can figure out for now. Until the dev releases settings or a test map. Feel free to play with the settings, see if u can get something better.

Ok cool I figured it was just part of the newness of the setup. Simply amazing work though and I will be sure to contribute anything I discover !

Yeah Win10 bro… I have a 1070 with win7 at work and no dice on that system… so yeah win10 for it to work out of the box…

download my working setup here https://mega.nz/#!vYFCzI5D!Xxn7kgpy1aR6wtaCoEv8EA9Hai7dM6aCa6-1G8XLWFs

Just got word that the Cataclysm branch has been updated to include a sample map, which works perfectly, shows 2 million particles at the proper speed and looks amazing.

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/B1Kgd4i.jpg[/shot]

Uploading demo map to my branch