NVCloth Mesh Expectations

Now that Apex cloth has been replaced by NVCloth I’m very curious about what the new expectations are for geometry. There doesn’t really seem to be any real clarification on this in the unreal documentation so I’m curious what other people have found out.

My main areas of concern right now are as follows: [ol]
[li]With Apex you had the ability to link vertices to optimize performance. This meant modeling geometry that had matching topology front to back. I cannot for life of me find this feature in NVCloth?[LIST=1][/li][li]Is this being done under the hood without me knowing?[/li][li]If not does that mean unreal is simulating both sides of the mesh and calculating self penetration?[/li][li]If so then are we expected to simulate geometry with no thickness?[/li][/ol]
[li]I am aware that there is a hidden skin wrap feature where you can simulate a low poly mesh and use that to drive the high poly mesh.[ol][/li][li]Is this the proposed alternative to linking vertices?[/li][li]Are there performance ramifications to using this method?[/li][li]Is there a reason why I can’t assign a low poly cloth solver to more than one LOD section? Generating multiple low poly LODs seems like a huge waste.[/li][/ol]
[li]Has anyone had any luck with transferring vertex colour data to cloth properties?[ol][/li][li]Extracting data from any colour channel doesn’t seem to work. It merely sets everything to black?[/li][li]Are we supposed to be painting using normalized RGB? linear RGB, HSV?[/li][/ol]
[/LIST]