Area Trigger v1.3
Compatible with UE4 v4.26
Documentation: Google Docs
$5 dollar foot longs at the marketplace! I made it, so you know it’s super useful.
Area Trigger Primary Features
- Works with Player Character BP Controls or Separate BP Player Controllers. Toggle this setting depending on your input scheme and point of inputs.
- Area Trigger will sync the settings you chose and match up with all other area triggers present in the world which are named the same.
- Each Area Trigger Placed in the world and operated fully in sync with each other, or partially, or only in name and activation.
- Included Interface Events for activation and deactivation when overlap events are not prudent or practical.
- In Editor 3-d Transform Sizing
- 10 built-in Interface Events.
- A built-in camera system that integrates with your existing camera rig and system.
- SFX and BGM function to toggle on activation and deactivation.
- Upon activation, Area Trigger will display waypoint user widgets on-screen which point to all area triggers in your game world that match in the name.
- Area Trigger can be used to generate spawn points to spawn other characters, objects, and blueprints by class.
- Area Tigger allows users to take advantage of simple level streaming. Level Streaming is Array-based to easily allow for loading of multiple streaming levels using one area trigger group.
- Area trigger automatically adjusts player input controls when necessary, when using the built-in camera system.
- Area Trigger includes Directional Light controls to either match incoming level streams or simply adjust the lighting in the current world.
- Waypoint Arrow colors are randomly generated but will match other matched name area triggers in your world.
- Waypoint Arrows options include fade on the distance to area trigger.
- Area Trigger allows for simple lighting color and luminosity control when activated and deactivated. This can also be used to match loaded level streams to smoothly transition between primary persistent lighting and streaming lighting.
- Area Trigger includes a Fixed 3rd Person Camera that can be placed anywhere in the world.
- Area Trigger includes Side-Scrolling Camera Features that allow transition from your default camera rig to a side scroll and input scheme.
- Area Trigger includes Top-Down Camera Features that allow the transition from your default camera rig to a top-down angle and input scheme.
- Area Trigger automatically finds other triggers! Just deploy into your world, add the area trigger player interface to your character, add the invert and top-down input toggle, and finally connect your player’s component references. THAT’S IT! Super Easy! The way it is supposed to be.
- Area Trigger includes a UI Widget to display the area trigger (area/location name) with fade in/out.