Nuke's Advanced Portable Light Level Detection System (APLLDS)

UE Forum Post Template

Hi!

If this is the wrong place for this, please let me know. Also, is there a guideline post somewhere that I can read that details what I can post and what I can not?

That said, I have lot of tools that I have built for working on my own games that I want to show off and make free for other developers.

I am starting with…

Nuke’s Advanced Portable Light Level Detection System (APLLDS)

APLLDS is a tool that is useful for stealth games or any game that requires a character to sneak.

Specifically, it looks at a spot on your map and determines how lit that spot is on a scale from 0 to 100. And it does this in REAL TIME!

Typically a guard AI will look for a character by doing a line trace. If the line trace works, the guard spots the character.

But that makes no sense if the character happens to be enveloped by shadow. APLLDS is an advanced tool that allows AI to factor in how well lit a spot on the map is on top of doing a line trace. You can set it so that guard will only see a sneaking character if they are %30 lit or more. Or whatever value you choose.

So if your character is in a spot that is so shadowy that a guard should not see them even though the line trace works, APLLDS does its real time calculations and the guard does not see the character in spite of the line trace working.

Part 1 Demo: Advanced Portable Light Level Detection System (APLLDS) Demo - YouTube
Part 2 Installation: Advanced Portable Light Level Detection System (APLLDS) Installation - YouTube
Part 3 Implementation: Advanced Portable Light Level Detection System (APLLDS) Implementation - YouTube

FREE DOWNLOAD: