also after looking for answers/solution since yesterday I just don’t get it
I think I am close to the solution (maybe with two different approaches).
**What’s it all about: **
I am working on a (VR) music experience, partly interactive, partly scripted.
For this I have an NPC in my level, which is a human with wings in a socket on his back within the Character Blueprint.
The NPC shall appear in different moments in the level in different poses.
Now I have
- set up an Animation Blueprint used by the instance of the Character Blueprint placed in the level.
- I have added variables in the Animation Blueprint to trigger the state inside the State Machine which works from within the Animation Blueprint when I set them as default.
For example: I added a boolean variable called “Sit Down” and as soon as I set it as default value within the Animation BP the NPC sits down as soon as the level start.
Before that I had tried to add variables within the Character BP for the same purpose.
But how I could use them to trigger the poses in the State Machine?
I can’t find any way to do that.
May I misunderstood the principles of the structure?
Do I maybe have to create an additional Pawn to be able to control the NPC from another BP?
In the end result I’d like to be able
- to place this and other NPCs into the level in the editor (re-using the animation BP for different meshes) and
- spawn others based on events in the “gameplay”
- set the default pose within the editor for instance I am placing manually
- set the default pose of the dynamically (by event) spawned characters
Thanks to anybody who can help to clear the fog inside my head