I have an NPC that is just falling forever. I don’t know what else to try. I’ve turned off physics and gravity, I’ve locked the Z position under the constraints, and I’ve turned off all collision with the collision capsule. I don’t know what else to try, anyone have any ideas?
Any thoughts?
If the NPC is still falling, first verify the CharacterMovement component is actually active and that you are not replacing the capsule with a mesh collision. Check the capsule’s Collision Enabled and Object Type, and make sure the floor blocks the pawn channel. In Blueprints, print Is Falling, Movement Mode, and the capsule’s velocity; if Movement Mode is Falling immediately after spawn, the floor trace/physics setup is the next place to look. Also avoid locking the Z position while expecting gravity to act.
They never move xyz position, or rotate, so I thought locking it wouldn’t be a problem. But they still fall. I’ll try this out and see what happens. The same floor is blocking the player from falling, so it should be OK.