Nothing Happens After Clicking Widget

Hello, I have made an inventory system, where when you hold TAB a menu appears where you can click on buttons that do some code to spawn whatever was clicked.

However, when I click on the button, the widget disappears and then nothing happens. If I set the TAB event to a flip flop, essentially making it a toggle, it works, so I dont know if maybe it is due to the input modes or not.

Player_BP

Widget_BP

Hey Derek Kwas,

Can you post a screenshot of your code?

Sorry about that. I have updated the main post.

Im also adding here what is supposed to happen once you left click.

are you sure the gate is open when you click?

do a Print String node right after the gate exit, this will tell you if the gate is open

if you don’t see a message when you click, then the problem is that your gate is not opening

I actually kind of did that already. The second picture I posted is when you click on the buttons in the widget and right after, it is supposed to do a print string then do an interface message to “Build Current Building”, and the “Build Current Building” event is the gate.png I posted above. However, the print string in the widget after clicking the buttons never fires.

Thats why I thought maybe the wrong input mode is set when you hold tab and the widget appears?

Try using the OnPressed event instead of OnClicked

That worked! I wonder why that is but thanks!