Not seeing v29.30 "Exposed Widgets"

I saw this in the v29.30 updates:
“You can now expose UMG widget assets to your Verse code. Then you can use your widget with Verse APIs to add it to a player’s UI, similar to how you previously worked with widgets that were defined all in Verse.”

I currently don’t see my Widget Blueprints in “Assets.digest.verse”. Even with it not showing there I tried accessing it in Verse through “FolderName.FileName” and it didn’t recognize the folder. I tried creating a new one in case it was bugged on older version assets and didn’t see it stil. I also do not see any options to expose it with a selection and I can’t find any documentation.

I know this is a day old, but I’m curious if any can give me some quick pointers as to what I am missing.

Thanks!

K just saw this for anyone curious:

Any updates on this? They said it should be fixed but I still don’t see any UMG assets in the assets.digest nor do I see an option to export.

Just read in the link above that they did yesterday but I haven’t had a chance to check it.

I’m assuming “UMG assets exported to asset.digest” is the automatic process that the engine does like with Textures, unless there is something I’m not understanding. I still just see Meshes and Textures showing up there. Is this coming in a future update and not a hotfix? Or am I misunderstanding all the things @Amanda.Schade haha?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Has anyone figured it out? Do I need to manually export the UMG widget to the assets folder or is it automatically done? Btw I created my project before they rolled out this new update.