Not saving correctly

Hi, RC driving me crazy at the moment.
Whenever I save a project, and then reopen it the alignment will be completely off.
If I delete cache, will it delete the cache from all my projects or just the one I’m working on?
I’d like to keep the cache because I still need to do the reprojection of textures on some older files.

I just saved under a different name and it still opens as the same bad alignment…

Hi wout
It’s not a problem of save, you just need to change to the proper COMPONENT in the 2Ds/1Ds view. So you need to change it form the thumbnail view to text view. Change the LEFT panel from 2Ds view to 1Ds view, click and hold pressed the mouse and change it to the 1Ds view.

Screenshot 2016-02-03 08.28.52.png

I must be missing something… attached what i saved, then what i get when i reopen the project.

Hi wout
Yes, you are missing one small detail :smiley: Look at what COMPONENTS you have selected before SAVE… So now you just need to click on the particular COMPONENT ( second from the end ). I recommend you to delete ALL others COMPONENTS that you do not use…

After the save your highlighting a different componant. Componant 8 before save coponant 0 after save.

ok wow got it now,
is there somewhere a tutorial/explanation on these components and what they actually do?
Have done about 40 scans with RC before but never ran into this issue with multiple components.

wout wrote:

ok wow got it now,
is there somewhere a tutorial/explanation on these components and what they actually do?
Have done about 40 scans with RC before but never ran into this issue with multiple components.

The Help section in the program (F1) will cover components, working with them, as well as some useful tips. In the meantime you can ask here.