Not a bug, just a HUGE thank you !!

Thanks for doing this guys. You have no idea of how much this is going to change the indie community for the better !!! This is a very bold move and one that’s been sorely needed !! Thank you, you just made a new UE fan for live !

I support this post.

+1, Epic is a pretty fly guy

Another +1 for this.
Thank you so much Epic. This is just what we, as indie devs, have been waiting for!

Just awesome what they did there.
I’m going to subscribe asap :smiley:

No it’s not good at all , without UDK we can’t do now unlimited free games without paying any $ , i understand that we have to paye if we want to creat a profitable game , but if we want to creat a free game we haven’t to pay just like in UDK !

[=walker17x;262]
No it’s not good at all , without UDK we can’t do now unlimited free games without paying any $ , i understand that we have to paye if we want to creat a profitable game , but if we want to creat a free game we haven’t to pay just like in UDK !
[/]

UE4 is totally worth the 19$, and 5% are pretty fair too.
Just compare it with other engines :wink:

+1
This is really one of the best things that happened to the indie community!

[=Skynet;268]
UE4 is totally worth the 19$, and 5% are pretty fair too.
Just compare it with other engines :wink:
[/]

But some people want to create just some free games , or mods , they earn nothing so why they have to paye ?
Epic did it in UDK , so i don’t understand why they changed it !

Hi ,

While currently there is no planned free version of the engine, if you would like, you can make a one-time purchase for $19 and then cancel your subscription to give it a try. You do not have to pay the subscription to use the engine, just to get the initial download, updates and additional content. The EULA agreement is listed here:

https://unrealengine/eula

I hope this helps!

Super excited about this myself. Thanks again to all the wonderful folks at Epic Games for their hard work in making this happen. You made it, and it’s glorious.

Thank you - Epic games!

I have always been a fan of your engine and tools.

Thank you for giving so many indies a chance. :slight_smile:

Also a big thank you from me that I have got the chance to be one of the beta testers. :slight_smile:

[=walker17x;262]
[/]

That’s a good deal, as long as you make a good game and sell it well. That’s all up to you.

This probably revolutionize way of engine distribution and others will follow… some already follow :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

Thank you Epic, this is a dream come true.

Yes. Thank you Epic for all of this! I just played through some of the content example maps and it’s amazing.

You did a revolution. 19$ is what I spend in few hours/day… Guys ya awesome. Keep up the good work on mobile side of the engine and 2d tools. Thank you very much. Going to subscribe asap.

[= ;297]

While currently there is no planned free version of the engine, if you would like, you can make a one-time purchase for $19 and then cancel your subscription to give it a try.

[/]

There could easily be a trial period license though. i.e. 30 days.
It would be great to see this very soon!

Hi Salazka,

We have given a lot of thought to our plan, which gives you everything so you can build anything with Unreal Engine 4 through very accessible terms, and everything is available now. You can download our complete C++ source code through GitHub. All the tools and features are included. All the platforms are included, with the exception of console, only because we can’t give that away. Our model is built so that we only succeed when you succeed.

Thank you and have a great day!