[NOT A BUG] Export Scale

Hi

Not sure if this is a bug from the latest update, I am having trouble with my export scale.

I have been scaling my full body scans using floor markers 600mm distance apart.
I add control points over the markers in 5 photos and set distance ‘point 0’ to ‘point 1’ as ‘600’
Then I re-align and continue to set region, build mesh, simplify, unwrap, texture, export

This has always produced correct scale models but since the update models are importing into ZBrush very small alongside previous models.
I have also built 3 different models of the same photoset using distances of 600, 6000, and 60000 and they all import to zbrush at the same size
Is anybody else having a similar problem?

Thanks

jack wrote:

Hi

Not sure if this is a bug from the latest update, I am having trouble with my export scale.

I have been scaling my full body scans using floor markers 600mm distance apart.
I add control points over the markers in 5 photos and set distance ‘point 0’ to ‘point 1’ as ‘600’
Then I re-align and continue to set region, build mesh, simplify, unwrap, texture, export

This has always produced correct scale models but since the update models are importing into ZBrush very small alongside previous models.
I have also built 3 different models of the same photoset using distances of 600, 6000, and 60000 and they all import to zbrush at the same size
Is anybody else having a similar problem?

Thanks

I’m having this too. Something with the export/re-import is now broken after the update. At least RC preserves the rotation now! at the expense of being able to export/re-import from ZB…

This is the exact same issue that I am having. The scale remains the same on export no matter to what decimal place I insert my distances. It is really annoying because the scale is almost correct in my model, just out by a factor of 10 (should be 47.36cm not 4.736m.)

Urgent fix please!

Hi Callum McKain
we have tested this and we are SURE the scale is set and exported properly !!!
Can you describe your workflow for setting up the scale ?
What software are you using for importing and testing the measurements ?

I’m noticing this too.

seems to be out by 10.

having issues with shifted co-ordinates, and grid plane export.

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Callum McKain
we have tested this and we are SURE the scale is set and exported properly !!!
Can you describe your workflow for setting up the scale ?
What software are you using for importing and testing the measurements ?

I import all my photographs, then start setting up the scale similar to the Original Post.

Set point 1 and point 2, define the distance as 1000mm then align, high detail etc, etc.

when exported and viewed in a variety of point cloud viewing software (recap 360, 3ds max, navisworks) the scale is off by a factor of 10.

try to change the distance set to 100000mm (then realign everything, redo high detail etc), and the scale comes out EXACTLY the same as when distance was set to 1000mm.

Thanks,

Callum