Normal Map seams glitch

Hi all, I have an issue with my normal map in Unreal Engine, I modeled a character in Maya, then took it to Zbrush and sculpted it for more details. But when I took the finished model in Unreal Engine, I noticed seams on the arms of the character. I make sure that I have green channel inverted and also smoothing groups enabled when exported the model from Maya. When I was extracting the normal map in Zbrush, I make sure I had selected the Adaptive, SmoothUV, Tangent and Snormals options. If I disable the invert green channel the seams is getting worse. If I zoom it out and play a bit with lights the seams is not noticeable or barely.

Can anyone give other suggestion on how to fully fix the seams? Much appreciated!!!

That the entire seams issue in video games. You should put your seams in a place that is not noticeable, also UE4 change the resolution of your textures based on your distance, and that is why when you change position you get different outcomes.

Thanks for your reply, the resolution of the current texture map and normal map is 4096x4096, isn’t that high enough? I guess next time when making new character will try to keep the UV cuts on not so visible places.

You can also mess around with those setting in your object details panel in the scene, changing the Detail mode from low to High for example

Well, I played with these settings, but it had zero difference, I tested it with lights few more times and managed to get it to almost gone seams, I guess that is how it can go with this model. I just need it for my portfolio anyway, thank you for trying to help!! :slight_smile:

It is not a problem of the “Normal” texture. In the image I show you, only the “Base Color” is connected and the problem persists. Before activating “compute skin cache” it was perfect. The solution would be to put hair on the character to cover the error. Unfortunately this character is bald. This problem has not been solved for 4 years. And now in 4.25.4 it is more serious than in previous versions.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvE53aghLMXzAZsInPBlGjg6uJG184ap/view?usp=sharing