Download

NOOB to Ark. Questions inside

Hi there
So i’m familiar with Unreal (have not used 4 yet…stopped on 3) so coming in was pretty easy…I’ve got ARK up and running and I have a small piece of the island I want to create.

here’s the thing. I want to make an island bigger than the one in the game…I actually want it to be multi islands

how do I do that? do I just build the WHOLE thing in one map or is it like the real game where its slices of maps put together to make the one big one…and if its the latter…can someone point me to a tutorial on how to do it? I can’t find one anywhere.

Uzumi’s map tutorial: So you want to make a map - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

UE4 Docs - Level Streaming/World Composition: World Composition User Guide | Unreal Engine Documentation

Some reference/starting points.

-WM

Thanks I will look into this now

ok I did this but now when I try to turn around …in game the world turns black. I can still hear everything but I can’t see anything until I turn around again.
it was doing it in the editor but I shut off one of the now two Atmospheric Fog setting I have after following Uzumi’s tutorial and loading and saving The Small Island in my mod folder.

I’ve noticed I have doubles of some settings now and if I load The Small Island where I saved a copy in my mod map folder…the actual island is gone.