Noob - Media Framework Question

Hi,

I’m very new to Unreal, so please forgive me if this is a simple switch and I’m making it bigger than it needs to be.

I’m attempting to learn to make Media Frames with video materials for a scene I’m building. I’m using Unreal Version: 4.20.0-4212847+++UE4+Release-4.20 and this quick start guide: Media Framework Quick Start for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation. I keep having trouble finding certain items described in the quick start guide. I think the issue is that the quick start guide was written for an older version and the workflow is simply easier now.

I’m creating an intro video of a fly through that views different video clips playing on suspended “screens” as the camera moves through the space. Specifically I’m trying to set up a video material on a mesh with a trigger box in front that will interact with a camera as the camera hits the trigger to begin the video clip. I am on step 2 of the quick start guide and I cannot find the “**T_TV_M2” **material. The kicker is, I’m not sure I need it. It seems like the quick start guide is much more complicated than it needs to be.

Can someone tell me if I’m correct, or do I need to figure out the quick start giude?

Thank you.