Non-additive animation and bone scaling

Hi there!

This bunny from MalberS here seems to be made from some base mesh and adapted through bone scaling to give it another look. (Offtopic, can that be done in-Engine or does it come with the mesh?)

Now I ran into problems with the animations that came with it. Some of them need to be set to additive, otherwise the bone scaling is overwritten.

Here is the idle animation (right with, left without additve):

Combining additive and non-additive animations in a Blendspace is not possible. Setting all the animations to additive would let me use them together in a blendspace and keep the desired scaling. Could setting them to additive have any downsides?

What bugs me most about it is that only some of them seem to have problems with this setting. Does anyone know what’s causing this?

Thanks and cheers!

bumpedy bump

Sorry, don’t know enough to help. But maybe try asking MalberS directly?

For now, setting them all to additive let me combine them in a Blendspace without the body parts changing scale. In the Anim Graph I had to make sure though that I also applied the anim data as additive (otherwise no anims got played at all).

Montages should still be non-additive, so if I play a death montage, it plays only that and doesn’t blend with the idle anim.

Would still be interesting to see a solution on this! Guess I’ll try asking MalberS!