Noids: AI Villager Worker Gatherer Resource System - Help and Request Thread

Hello, I was working on a feature for a project and then decided it would make a good asset so I have spun it off into it’s own thing and added it on the asset store. Here’s the store link: Noids: AI Villager Worker Gatherer Resource System

It’s a lightweight and minimalistic template for creating an AI villager resource gathering system with multiplayer support based upon the Cropout project’s way of assigning villager roles. It would be a good addition or starting point for RTS, colony sims, city builders, and maybe even survival type games.

Demonstration
Tutorial for adding a new role and resource

I’m thinking a good feature to add would be some sort of pathfinding for the AI as they can get stuck running into buildings currently, and possibly a mesh to visualize building placement however I do not want to add unnecessary things that developers would end up removing anyways as one of my main goals is saving developers TIME and reducing headache counts haha.

Let me know if you have any requests, ideas, or questions. There is a link to our discord in the project and I’ve created a dedicated channel for the Noids project. I will help with what I can. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello! Hope you are doing well. I saw you were planning to implement a hunting role which is exciting. If possible and idea/request would be to have a Villager Guard Role. Where the villager’s job is to patrol and keep the working villagers safe with a weapon. Looking forward to the new updates. Please keep them coming. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the friendly words and that’s a good idea I’ll add it to the list. Do you think the guard villagers should patrol or be more stationary? Also maybe they could have the option of both…

Oh that’s great to hear! And yes I believe that having the option of both would be great if possible.

1 Like