NoesisGUI - User Interface

Hi guys !
I’ve read on page 2 that VR platforms were not supported at the time (one year ago).
Is it still the case ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Entilzar,

As the comment after the one you mention reads, you can use a WidgetComponent/WidgetInteractionComponent to display a Noesis XAML in 3D. Our Widget3D sample uses both to display a simple UI attached to a cube in the 3D environment. If you want to check it out by yourself, here’s a link to it:.Tutorials/Samples/Widget3D/UE4 at master · Noesis/Tutorials · GitHub

I haven’t tried it in actual VR, but I believe this is the method Epic uses. What the post you mention referred to was a better integration, in which the UI actually was 3D aware, instead of this method that simply renders to a texture that then is rendered on a plane in 3D, both for VR and to be able to integrate 3D objects in your UI.

Hi jpizarro,

Thank you for the clarifications !
I’ll have a look and see if I can use it :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

We’ve updated the plugin to support UE4.23.

You can find the plugin here: GitHub - Noesis/UE4Plugin: NoesisGUI Integration to UE4

And the samples here GitHub - Noesis/Tutorials: NoesisGUI samples (C++, C#, Unity, Unreal) and here GitHub - Noesis/UE4-ShooterGame: ShooterGame using Unreal and NoesisGUI.

Please let us know if you need more information or run into any problems.

do you still have a version that supports 4.22?

Yes, there’s a 4.22 branch in the GitHub repo: GitHub - Noesis/UE4Plugin at 4.22

Just a quick heads up. I tested the 4.23 code on 4.22 and it works. All it has to be done is to change the “EngineVersion” in NoesisGUI.uplugin and it builds correctly.

Hi everyone,

We’ve updated the plugin with support for UE4.24 and the latest Noesis SDK version 2.2.6.

As always, you can find the plugin source here: GitHub - Noesis/UE4Plugin: NoesisGUI Integration to UE4, or you can download it from our website at Downloads | NoesisGUI

You can find samples here GitHub - Noesis/Tutorials: NoesisGUI samples (C++, C#, Unity, Unreal) and here GitHub - Noesis/UE4-ShooterGame: ShooterGame using Unreal and NoesisGUI.

Hope you enjoy using it!

NoesisGUI v3.0 released!
We are pleased to announce that NoesisGUI v3.0 is ready to be downloaded from our website. Highlights in this release are:

• Inspector, a new tool for profiling and analyzing applications using NoesisGUI.

• New Noesis Theme with support for Dark/Light and Accent color variations.

• New plugin for Adobe After Effects to export **Lottie **animations to XAML.

• Hot reloading of assets.
  • BlurEffect and DropShadowEffect implemented.
  • Multibinding implemented.
  • Substantial performance and memory improvements.
  • XamlToy is our new place to try NoesisGUI online using WebGL.

As always, you can find the plugin source here: GitHub - Noesis/UE4Plugin: NoesisGUI Integration to UE4, or you can download it from our website at Downloads | NoesisGUI.

The huge list of changes is available in the Changelog.

Thank you all for your continued support, enthusiasm, dedication and passion!

Sincerely,

The NoesisGUI Team.

Hi there, I’ve been wondering if is it possible to achieve similar behavior to the built-in UMG Background Blur widget with NoesisGUI? It’s basically taking the underlying image and blur’s that image as an element’s background. With the blur effect I was only able to blur the UI content but not the world content underneath.