Node graph assistant

Love node graph assistant, it’s a life changer and enabled on all my projects :ok_hand:
Noticed on UE 5.3 “Duplicate node with inputs” shortcut doesn’t work for me (default Alt+V).

FYI I have both Blueprint Assist and AutoSize comments plugins installed also, but I didn’t see any conflicting shortcuts on there that might explain why it doesnt work. Any ideas for a solution or something for me to check?
I use dupe with inputs all the time, feels weird not using it.

To answer my own question - it’s seems for some reason Alt+V (dupe with links)on Node graph assistant is in conflict with Alt+D (disconnect execution on selected node) on Blueprint Assist.
Disabling that shortcut allows the Node Graph Assistant one to work correctly

In case it helps, the creator of blueprint assist seemed to have roughly pointed out what might be the issue.
For now I just remapped the key as a workaround

There is a crash on 5.3 in the PCG Graphs if you create an overridable attribute and try to click on the pin of a get node of that exposed attribute, I can get a callstack a bit later but thought I’d mention it.

1 Like

5.3, PCG bug as well, very similar to @kvickerz
When you create an Instance Parameter > add a Getter node > drag out the connect pin > crash!

PS: I love this plugin. Thank you for your work!

LoginId:7b64ba5347627e83627fd0b906c7a737
EpicAccountId:

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 771] Array index out of bounds: -2018335687 from an array of size 0

UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UStruct::IsChildOf() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:2237]
UnrealEditor_NodeGraphAssistant!NGAInputProcessor::TryProcessAsLazyConnectMouseMoveEvent() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\NodeGraphAssistant\Source\Private\NGAInputProcessor.cpp:1702]
UnrealEditor_NodeGraphAssistant!NGAInputProcessor::HandleMouseMoveEvent() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\NodeGraphAssistant\Source\Private\NGAInputProcessor.cpp:2915]
UnrealEditor_Slate!FSlateApplication::InputPreProcessorsHelper::PreProcessInput() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:7397]
UnrealEditor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseMoveEvent() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:6006]
UnrealEditor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseMove() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:5951]
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:2269]
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:2738]
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:1099]
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:937]
user32
user32
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsPlatformApplicationMisc.cpp:148]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:5749]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:188]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:118]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:258]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:298]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

@yangxx Has this plugin been abandoned? There’s been unanswered questions for a few months on both the marketplace product page and here on the forum. Will we see a 5.4 update?

I updated it by myself and sent the fix to the dev a few days ago, I hope it will be released soon :blush:

I’m starting to doubt we will. The dev has been inactive for a few months it seems. At least since December.
I do hope everything is well for them. This is one of my favourite plugins.

If you want to recompile it manually, just add the module “RenderCore” in the .build.cs file and it should compile.

He replied to my email today, the update should be released soon!

2 Likes