Node graph assistant

Demo video: https://youtu.be/54AAIFuq7Xs
Market place: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…raph-assistant
User guide: UE4-Node-Graph-Assistant/README.md at master · pdlogingithub/UE4-Node-Graph-Assistant · GitHub

3 Likes

Looks like the “Shake node off wire” feature does not work on 5.0? It automatically deselects my node the moment it detaches and the cursor automatically enters in Drag mode. Thus the node ends in some random place near the shake off area.

I can not reproduce this issue with ue5.01 on my side,can you provide more info?which type of graph and nodes were you using?Is there other plugin you were using at the same time?

Go figure… I can’t now too. It was happening with all the nodes and I had only Auto size comments as an BP editor plugin.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi @yangxx , this plugin looks amazing!
I was wondering can you add 2 more little features?

1. Right click + drag on nodes to directly move them instead of dragging out connection lines.
    (The problem with the default left click drag for moving nodes is it needs precision, often dragging out connection line by mistake. This is especially painful with those small single dot connectors. The default right click drag is panning, but if change it to middle click, right click drag still does nothing.)
  2. Hit “G” to start moving selected nodes (without the need to click on nodes). When move to desired location, left click to confirm moving, or right click to cancel.
    These features are inspired by blender’s node system, which in my opinion work great and are easy to implement.
    If you can add these it will be perfect!
1 Like

Hey, just wanted to ask a question in addition to say that I’m really loving the plugin so thank you for making it!

I have a project on latest release build of UE 5.0.1 and it seems like the feature to auto connect a node dropped on top of a wire isn’t working anymore (feature #16 on your github). My test case is in blueprint graphs trying to drop a print string node between two connected print string nodes.

I did just now confirm that it works on 4.27.2 so something must’ve changed between 4 and 5. When it decides to auto connect output nodes into a dragged over input node is acting strange as well. It works sometimes but it may be the same issue. I can come up with a way to reproduce that issue if you’d like.

Double clicking the middle mouse button also doesn’t always grab every connected node

I’d also like to put in another vote for Tom’s #2 request, I was actually thinking about digging into the plugin source to see if I could set something like this up. I was thinking it might be possible to just replicate the result of a left mouse down event.

On the topic of feature requests another one from blender’s node wrangler that would be really cool is the drawing a reroute path.
If you shift right click drag you can draw a curve between wires to reroute them together. This is another one I was thinking about digging into finding a way to do it as an addition to your plugin.

1 Like

This behavior might need some amount of tweaking as the engine has a lot mouse logic under the hood,I will put this into consideration for future update.

2 Likes

I can not reproduce this problem on my side,did you enable this feature in toolbar or editor configuration?

Can you describe more specifitly about the issue you have with select linked nodes feature?

1 Like

I will put this into consideration for future update,for now you use ctrl click to speed up this process.
ctrl click wire

3 Likes

Ah it was my mistake. Auto insert was unchecked in this project but not the 4.27 one, I thought it was only Auto connect which needed to be checked on. Apologies for the error and thank you for the reply!

1 Like

as a reminder,you can toggle these feature directly in material editor,by clicking icon on the tool bar.

1 Like

The Auto Connect orange preview wire does not showing in 5.0.1 although the wire connection is successful afterwards.

I can not reproduce this issue on my side,did you install any other plugins that modified node graph’s appearance?what type of node and platform you are using?

1 Like

Oh sorry, my bad! Electronic Nodes caused the problem.

I know it’s a bit weird to ask this, and I would 100% understand if you decline my request, but would you investigate this bug with Electronic Nodes and see if there’s a fix? I’m also not seeing the yellow preview node but the auto connect is still working. I love using your plugin and Electronic Nodes, and I completely understand if you don’t want to investigate a bug with a plugin you aren’t developing.

There is compatibility issue between the two plugins that can not be resolve under the current engine logic.

Im sorry but at this moment there is no solution for this issue,engine only allow one plugin to take control of wier style.

Must have addon, it’s amazing. I wish more people knew it exists.

Questions:

1. any of these features below would be actually available in the future? Found them here. The first one would save my eyes when I’m investigating complex materials.
  2. any other plans for addons in the future or any other addons you have made? Really looking forward to any of your new work.

Features:

1. will take a look.
  2. This feature is not quite a node graph operation,also unlikely to use very often.
    3.“shift click on pin to duplicate a wire” is already a feature,this gif just demostrate how to do that without node graph assistant.