No visible change of dynamic material instance on mesh

There is no visible change of dynamic material instance which i set to material of a mesh of an actor bp.

I have a cpu cooler bp where i am trying to set different color to the fan mesh of the cooler. I double checked if dynamic material instance is being set or not. Also if the element number and parameter name. I dont know what i am missing.

You don’t need the SetMaterial node. The create DMI does the assignment.

Try a different color, you may have a problem with emissive not showing correctly because of post processing issues.

Thank you so much for the reply. I tried some test. I tried EmissiveColor and BaseColor for both Material element 0 (which is round AMD inner circle) and element 1 (which is white fan) and results are:

1. Color change happens for Material element 0 for both Base and Emissive color
  2. No color change for Material element 1 for both cases

Also there is NO post processing in my level.

331074-matelem0bass.png

331075-matelem0em.png

331076-matelem1em.png

As i am getting result with Amd round circle without Post Process, so i can say that its not post process problem, right? I tried two dynamic for both. Same result, fan does not get change, Amd round circle gets change.

You need to create a dynamic for both elements, if you want to be able to change them at runtime. You also NEED a post process in your level to enhance the bloom ( exaggerate the emissive ).

Material slot element 1 is fan. I set dynamic material RGB_Light material to slot element 1 and set EmissiveColor and EmissiveIntensity. But no change is shown.

same setting works for another project but not on this project. I tried this on new level of this project yet no luck. I dont know what is different that is resulting like this.

If you open that SK mesh in the mesh editor and isolate element 1, is it the fan?

Also, your code is going ‘round the houses’ to set the emissive. This is enough:

Could be to do with auto exposure, sky atmosphere, post processing. The reason the mat looks great in the material preview is because of PP.

I dont know the real reason but when i set DMI from begin play node, it does not work. If i set it from other events (in my case, key press event), it works!
I dont know why it does not do the same thing if i set it from begin play node. So i am going to use this way. Thank you so much for helping me out. May the force be with you!

That is strange, try putting it on begin play, but with a small delay…

Sorry for the late reply. Yes! I have put a delay of 0.1, it works! Thank you so much!