No Version Information Recieved Error

Everytime I try to open UE4 I get a “No Version Information” error screen. Have tried uninstalling and re installing. Providing the log files the Troubleshooting guide told me to. link text

i got same thing happening to me mate I have also tried re-installing, starting the launcher over and over again ???

Same Thing happening with me :(.

+1

This happened to me too today, have no idea why. It worked perfectly yesterday.
I have also tried re-installing, starting the launcher over and over again, restarting the computer etc.
To add to it I can no longer download the engine since it says “subscribe” on the download button.

It was just something I saw from a post earlier this year, someone just tried reconnecting and suddenly it worked for him but no luck for me.

Same problem here. I just created an account, paid the first month of my subscription and now… Not much happens.
So far I’m not very impressed. :smiley:

Well as much as this sucks glad I’m not the only one. @Bonny I too have had that happen. @pixelskunk Been trying that and nothing.

Same with me. It was working yesterday, but now nothing.

Yeah looking it up apparently some people just waited for the problem to resolve itself.

I’m pretty sure its just some temporary, non-local problem that will get fixed fairly soon. From what I have seen Epic Games are always helpfull and the community is great ^^

Biggest reason Im concerned is because I would like to have something done in the UE for class tomorrow >.<

According to what i was reading this might be caused because the server’s sending a 503 error code to the launcher or something like that, so it won’t update but overall it’s working fine for me. I just click ‘OK’ and the launcher opens fine, it just doesn’t update. Hope epic will fix the problem anytime soon

Yeah I sure hope so,since I uninstalled it and only see a subscribe button insteead of the download/install I cant work with the UE :frowning:

In the same boat. Decided to purchase at 3AM local time because I had to try it, and now I’m waiting with a sour taste in my mouth and a receipt in my pocket haha…

Ah so I’m not the only one. As first time user this was quite confusing :P. Followed all the steps in the wiki, and made a log file. But seems not as a local issue then. Pfew :slight_smile: (attaching the logs just in case though). Hopefully it will be resolved soon, can’t wait to start!

EDIT: Works again now so seems server side. Glad it works again!

On top of that I have subscribe button instead of download ;/

I uninstalled it and only see a subscribe button insteead of the download/install

same here …
its working perfectly a few days ago
oh well I hope they fix it

It seems it is now working for me?! :smiley: , fingers crossed anyways, hopefully it will work for you guys to ^^

Same here…is it a message to clients that they should pirate the software?

Working for me now. Must have just really been a waiting game.

I guess they must have fixed it then …working for mine too