No sound in linux build?

From Windows, I have packaged my game for shipping on Linux. However, when I and others test the game (primarily on Ubuntu) there is no sound at all.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? Sound works just fine in both the Windows and Mac builds.

I am using Unreal 5.1.1.

Update: I switched to a development build so I could look more closely at the logs. I’ve come across this:

[2024.01.24-19.31.08:630][ 0]LogAudio: Display: Initializing Audio Device Manager…
[2024.01.24-19.31.08:630][ 0]LogAudio: Warning: Audio Device Manager Initialization Failed!
[2024.01.24-19.31.08:630][ 0]LogAudio: Display: Beginning Audio Device Manager Shutdown (Module: AudioMixerXAudio2)…

Well, that’s probably the issue. Now to find out why…

Welp, I finally figured it out.

The issue comes from using the Project Launcher. Specifically, this option:

For whatever reason, enabling this option for Linux breaks the audio, by making it try to use the wrong type of module.

1 Like

I don’t have this option in the project browser.
And I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the editor.

Make binary config in the project settings is off.

I have a sound card maybe that has something to do with it ?
Not having any sound makes me sad.

Are you using the Project Launcher? You can find it under Tools->Project Launcher. Then if you make a custom profile and go down to Package options, the option is there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.