No Snap to Surface feature

I’m just beginning to use UE4 and I am following basics tutorials/guides on their website.
My problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a “Snap to surface” feature when i press End key.
Isnt an object meant to snap to surface below it when you press end key? It does in tutorials.
Surface Snapping is on and all my objects are aligned to grid. Halp.

Hi ,

What exactly is type of object you are trying to snap? Also, what version of UE4 are you using? Any other details may help

I’m also looking for this answer. tutorial video mentions this key command, but it doesn’t seem to work. Introduction to UE4 Level creation - 2

I have tried to reproduce this using a first person template with assets included in latest UE4.6 release and snap to next object below feature by pressing “End” key is functioning as expected. I’ve transformed table over sculpture, pressed “End,” and table snaps to sculpture. I’ve transformed chair above BSP ground plane, pressed “End,” and chair snaps to ground. I’ve tried this both with Caps and Number locks on and off and key still functions as expected.

However, since a few people have reported this now (2 here and 1 on Answer Hub), it would be helpful if you described specifically what version of engine you are using and what asset you have selected when pressing end that does not snap to what other asset (ie BSP ground plane or another static mesh.)

I think it’s a bug, because in 4.6 it just works with static meshes -> so snap static mesh to mesh/BSP - but BSP to mesh/BSP isnt working :slight_smile:

Hi all,

This has been reported a few times on AnswerHub:

questions/139916/snap-to-floor-not-workingversion-46-preview.html

It appears to only affect BSPs in 4.6 at moment, and is working in 4.7.

Having this issue in 4.7.2 and it is with a mesh from marketplace, modular wood pack with pallets, boards, nails, stairs, etc. Currently trying with pallet1 but also trying with a normal bsp cube. does not work. does it help if i say it actually did it exactly 1 (ONE) time in this project, but never again.