No response from Epic MegaGrants

Hello!

I ran into an incomprehensible situation around EpicMegaGrants. I would like to hear your experience and opinion on this matter.

On June 9, I applied for EpicMegaGrant, described the project, attached a demo version of the .apk file. For 3 months I did not receive any response, and then I received a letter that they needed more time to consider the application. After that, a long time has passed, but there is no answer.
One would think that my application was rejected, if not for one thing. My application is networked and all actions in it are logged. Looking at the logs, I can confidently say that during these 6 months my application did not even start.
What does this mean? Was my application rejected at an early stage, has not yet reached its turn, or is it lost somewhere?

What do you think about this, share your experience?

Thanks !

That sounds like they hadn’t gotten around to checking it out yet

It means your thing wasn’t cool/popular enough for them to even look at. In another couple months, you will receive automated denial letter, still with no activity logged.

EPIC Megagrants are very unreliable. I feel like Epic is interested in gathering quality applications for its benefits. I submitted an application in September, 2020. It was supposed to let an applicant know its decision in three months. But I have not heard from Epic until now. I have sent emails for its decision. Don’t waste your time with this grant. Very disappointing grant procedure.

I cannot be bothered with Epic, talking to a brick wall, i never get offered, getting blood out of a stone, getting nowhere as a developer, if epic want developers to get somewhere they would simply grant, so i quit being a game developer to a false company like epic, so i deleted my Epic account and ■■■■ Epic.

i applied for the epic megarant and i did get a response , yes i may have gotten rejected but i got a response , usually in this cases , epic encourages you to reach out to them, mainly because the newsletter may not have gone through and they don’t have time to double check . so remanding them will make the process easier

You got that right brick wall sums this up, just like they change things every version to suit them not make things more user friendly.
Sometimes it feels like it’s all just a ploy to get me to spend money on something they will make sure will never work due to one bug or another stopping me from uploading & selling any product.
At the very least i get some free stuff every month because at this rate i am tiring of trying to get things to work in this editor only for them to be broken with so called fantastic new versions.
The new version is not better if it breaks all my current projects & plugins!