No Physics on creative_prop, how can I get it?

I created a blueprint and dragged it into the playspace. On the details tab of the object, on the “Static Mesh Component” I have “Enable Gravity” on. However, when I start the game the object does not fall, it stays fixed in its place?

The mesh needs ‘enable physics’ tick in the blueprint. The mesh you’re using also needs simple collision ( not complex ).

1 Like

when I open up the blueprint editor and search for physics. The only option that comes up is under “Mesh” and it’s ‘No Physics Collision’ tick box. Not sure where to find the ‘enable physics’ tick in the blueprint.

Also the ‘simple collision’ is that in the “Details” tab in the Blueprint under ‘Collision Presets’ ? I don’t see simple/complex collision…

1 Like

Click the mesh in the blueprint, and the look for simulate in the details.

If you open the mesh in the static mesh editor, that’s where you set the fundamental collision type

1 Like

In UEFN I see the following:

Then When I go to details for ‘Collision Presets’ I have this (There is no Simple Collision option):

I see this

I’m talking about the static mesh editor, I don’t know if you have that in UEFN. It’s what you get when you double click here

1 Like

I see the following:

Yeah, we might not have that in UEFN…

By default, with that chain link I see

so, greyed out. That because it has no collision. So I go to the static mesh editor and see nothing

I make collision for the link

and then I see

and now back in the blueprint

1 Like

General Physics are planned to be implemented in Q4 (OCT to DEC)

From State of Unreal Livestream | GDC 2024

1 Like